Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand... and I could be wrong, but is the ONLY difference between the Mayday Edition and Eagle Games Edition the color of the trucks? and maybe some wording in the rules?

The Geek Store has Trucks, Dice and Gangster UPGRADES... why would you need them if you buy an older version?

So... is the "older" version just as good as the "newer" version?

OH... one other thing, would the OLDER version work with the newer Bootleggers: The Boardwalk and the Bootleggers: Thug Promo?

Thanks for clearing any of this up for me!!

If you can explain any other differences, that would be GREAT too!

Thanks!

Jim

(Edit: added another question)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't know all the specifics but the new Mayday version was basically just a reprint with the modifications you have listed. Perhaps a few rule clarifications. I haven't yet sat down to look at the differences between the two. Mayday should have fixed the one card (two copies) that was incorrectly printed by Eagle. Some people got replacements if they asked before Eagle ran out.

Both editions are compatible with the expansion and new promo. Printing might be slightly off, not sure on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion works with the original version.

The 2nd edition added the following... (taken from the kickstarter page)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I see that they are NOW including "More" money... I suppose that was a problem that players would run out of money?

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. There are $50,000 bills that can be printed from the files section. Strongly encouraged if you have the first printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
Yes. There are $50,000 bills that can be printed from the files section. Strongly encouraged if you have the first printing.

Back in the day when they sent me the replacement cards, they also sent me a pack of game money as well. So yeah, they thought more money was necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnage994 wrote:
The expansion works with the original version.

The 2nd edition added the following... (taken from the kickstarter page)

I have the new edition. Two things still did not make it to the second edition:

No white dice.
And the trucks do not have numbers. Instead, they are colored-coded to represent capacity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.