Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to inventory my base game (bought at retail) and I'm having trouble making it add up. I have four complete counter sheets and given that most things all seem correct, I am guessing the rulebook is in error.

The book says there are 54 Quest Tokens and shows a variety of purple circular tokens. It also says there are 53 Realm Object Tokens and shows a variety of rectangular map features. I can't make these numbers add up.

Quest Tokens
34 - purple circular tokens (as shown in rulebook)
03 - circular tokens with a soldier on one side and a purple quest design on the reverse.
12 - tokens of people and objects with same back as soldier
06 - black circular tokens with generic quest symbol
55 - TOTAL

This is as close as I can come to the Quest Tokens total making best guesses for which tokens are which. The total count is one higher than listed. I left 9 circular tokens out of this list because I think they are Realm Object Tokens(?).

Realm Object Tokens
09 - circular tokens the same size as Quest Tokens
08 - 1x1 square tokens
14 - 1x2 rectangular tokens
05 - 2x2 square tokens
04 - 2x3 rectangular tokens
42 - TOTAL

This is short by 11! Every other type of token is accounted for except for the fact that there is one extra lair (7, rather than 6) and two of the lairs have terrain on the back. So perhaps we're counting those 2 as 1 of each. Which still leaves me 10 tiles short on Realm Objects, assuming the 9 extra circular tokens are part of that count.

Confusing. Is this the same number of items everyone else has?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
I tried to inventory my base game (bought at retail) and I'm having trouble making it add up. I have four complete counter sheets and given that most things all seem correct, I am guessing the rulebook is in error.

The book says there are 54 Quest Tokens and shows a variety of purple circular tokens. It also says there are 53 Realm Object Tokens and shows a variety of rectangular map features. I can't make these numbers add up.

Quest Tokens
34 - purple circular tokens (as shown in rulebook)
03 - circular tokens with a soldier on one side and a purple quest design on the reverse.
12 - tokens of people and objects with same back as soldier
06 - black circular tokens with generic quest symbol
55 - TOTAL

This is as close as I can come to the Quest Tokens total making best guesses for which tokens are which. The total count is one higher than listed. I left 9 circular tokens out of this list because I think they are Realm Object Tokens(?).

Realm Object Tokens
09 - circular tokens the same size as Quest Tokens
08 - 1x1 square tokens
14 - 1x2 rectangular tokens
05 - 2x2 square tokens
04 - 2x3 rectangular tokens
42 - TOTAL

This is short by 11! Every other type of token is accounted for except for the fact that there is one extra lair (7, rather than 6) and two of the lairs have terrain on the back. So perhaps we're counting those 2 as 1 of each. Which still leaves me 10 tiles short on Realm Objects, assuming the 9 extra circular tokens are part of that count.

Confusing. Is this the same number of items everyone else has?

Euhm aren't the map tiles also realm tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked at this thread?

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1142189/a-complete-component...-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:
Euhm aren't the map tiles also realm tokens?

The map tiles are listed separately in the component list in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Match your tokens up with that list in the other thread. There is a way to make it add up to what is listed in the Rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you got all of the punch sheets and they were complete, then you should be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
If you got all of the punch sheets and they were complete, then you should be good.

Many thanks for your helpful checklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BUMP!

I'm confused about the 53 "Realm Object Tokens" thing too
Sadly the post containing the complete component breakdown has been deleted Anyone salvage it? or can help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoyrexJ9 wrote:
BUMP!

I'm confused about the 53 "Realm Object Tokens" thing too
Sadly the post containing the complete component breakdown has been deleted Anyone salvage it? or can help?

Check your geekmail.

If anyone else has similar questions, feel free to geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Berger
Germany
Hattersheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
Hi all,

as I was in the kickstarter and checked only the parts which are not included in the game box, I had a lot of missing Items. Meanwhile I got all parts delivered. Thanks to Nikki.

Nevertheless during last weekend I came together with friedns and we opened the base game and we all where curious and wanted to play. But then after two hours we gave up checking the parts for completeness. While we never came to the count of the 54 "Quest Tokens" nor the 53 "Realm Object Tokens".

After 1 Hour we came to the number of the 30 Story Title Tokens while we added the rectangle big tokens with the same picture to the count (eg Kingslayer badge). So we got 25 small round tokens and for each Story the respective big rectangle token. Hope that is correct count this way.

Sadly the post containing the complete component breakdown has been deleted as already indicated by Ben Coleman (JoyrexJ9) - Anyone saved it or can help to get this overview of the complete breakdown?

Thanks all
Markus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/15740399#15740399

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.