Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, If I have an atoll in my island group. Can a warrior band be present on the atoll with a war canoe or transport canoe?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
buseyhead wrote:
Ok, If I have an atoll in my island group. Can a warrior band be present on the atoll with a war canoe or transport canoe?

thanks

NRBH, but I would say yes, but then if it were a transport canoe, it cannot be part of a chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis, I had to google what NRBH stood for! blush

buseyhead wrote:

An Atoll is just another type of Island Group Tile- see the top of page 3 in the rules. Warrior bands, canoes, etc. can all be there. But I think what you're asking is: "Does a warrior band have to be on a canoe if it's on an atoll?" The answer to that is no: the warrior band can hang out on the atoll by itself, just like any other Island Group. An atoll does not have enough space and resources for a village's needs, but there is enough there to support a group of warriors protecting the place.

Also, see the "Official CoP FAQ", posted under "Files" on the CoP page here at BGG. See question 4.2.5 for more discussion about warrior bands by themselves on atolls.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pomeroy
United States
Chester Springs
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KMcPartland wrote:
Lewis, I had to google what NRBH stood for! blush
Kevin

So did I:
NRBH = No Rule Book Handy
Nice one - will file away for future use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As opposed to NRBQ = New Rhythm and Blues Quartet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I ever realized that a warrior band (and by extension, I suppose colonists too) can exist on atols. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
I don't think I ever realized that a warrior band (and by extension, I suppose colonists too) can exist on atols. blush

There's seldom any reason for it to happen in an actual game, but it is possible.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for the clarification on the atoll question as well as

NRBH, No Rule Book Handy
NRBQ= when things was cheap, get rhythm, 12 bar blues, hit the hay, yep a fan of Grooves in Orbit

NRPS= New Riders of the Purple Sage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
KMcPartland wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:

There's seldom any reason for it to happen in an actual game, but it is possible.

Kevin

I guess they could be there on the way to somewhere more productive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I guess they could be there on the way to somewhere more productive...

If the atoll is in just the right location, perhaps astride an enemy's approach to your empire, you might station a warrior band there as a guard. The atoll itself is certainly not worth the expense of a warrior band! Usually, your warrior bands are busy defending someplace useful- like any island group with a village on it. And there never seem to be enough of them...

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.