The Late Night Gamer
Norway
flag msg tools
http://youtube.com/lnightg
badge
mbmb
Great game - love the solo play, but I ran into one question. Radicalization places a plot randomly in a muslim country with cells. Do the priorities follow plot by ops or none? And will the cell there go active if sleeper?

The question is really, is the plot placement via Radicalization a normal ops plot placement (with auto success) or something special?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schaer
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
GREETINGS, PROFESSOR FALKEN. SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be mistaken, but I think the plot is automatically successful, and is placed into a random country that contains a cell, following normal plot placement rules. So... you'd take a random plot, roll to see which country gets the plot (if there's more than one option), and activate the cell. I don't think it follows the plot flowchart insofar as placement - at least, I've been rolling to see where it goes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Late Night Gamer
Norway
flag msg tools
http://youtube.com/lnightg
badge
mbmb
Re: Radicalization plot placement priorities
Thanks for answering. You seem to indicate the dilemma here, as the two things I bolded are not the same

js619 wrote:
I think the plot is automatically successful, and is placed into a random country that contains a cell, following normal plot placement rules . So... you'd take a random plot, roll to see which country gets the plot (if there's more than one option), and activate the cell. I don't think it follows the plot flowchart insofar as placement - at least, I've been rolling to see where it goes...

I get it is an auto-sucsess, but do you roll or go by the flowchart and the white box for ops? I tend to think you do as you use ops via radicalization to place the plot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Radicalization is its own rule (9.4.3). When you get to the bullet about Plot placement, the complete rule is:

Quote:
If Funding is less than 9, the next operations value automatically places a Plot (9.3.2) into a random non-Islamist Rule country with a cell.

So you pick from candidate non-IR countries with cells randomly (per 9.5 Random Country) and place the Plot there (per 9.3.2, a random Plot marker from Available Plots). Nothing happens to the cell. There is no use of any flowchart to pick the country.

Regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.