Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just getting into this game and am wondering where to focus my next purchases. So:

1. I'm not really interested in Smugglers & Spies or Scum & Villainy at the moment. Do I need to pick up Edge of Darkness right away? I'm sure I will at some point down the road, but for now I want to focus on...

2. Jedi! Which Force Packs should I buy if I want to start building up the Jedi affiliation? I assume the new cycle has a lot of good stuff in it; should I pick up a few packs from the Hoth cycle as well?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Desolation of Hoth has the Message from Beyond pod which is amazing for Jedi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
A Hero's Resolve, from the Escape from Hoth expansion, is good as well. It contains another version of Luke that can be played as an enhancement inside a Fighter or Speeder.

You might also want to check out Heroes and Legends for the Jedi objective set that comes in that pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Kolberg
msg tools
Unfortunately the Jedi are not all that great right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitchell2480 wrote:

Smuggler vehicles are ruling the day, but we may be seeing a resurgence of Jedi/Smuggler Superfriends soon. The two new force packs are pretty sick for Smugglers and not bad for Jedi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Any thoughts on whether I need to pick up EoD right away? Any interesting Jedi cards in there?

mitchell2480 wrote:

That's okay; I'm not interested in buying the "optimal" tournament deck. I like the Jedi affiliation, so I'm interested in expanding my card pool in that direction as much as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
ajpl wrote:
Any thoughts on whether I need to pick up EoD right away? Any interesting Jedi cards in there?

It contains only 1 Jedi objective set, and I don't think I've ever seen it used. Doesn't seem very good, but maybe others have opinions on that.

You don't buy EoD for Jedi cards. You buy it for Smugglers & Spies as well as Scum & Villainy.

Still, I question how long you'll remain interested in playing only one faction. It will get boring pretty quickly with the limited card pool right now.

All the factions are fun and interesting in their own way, and you'll want to experiment with them all and even mix them together into creative decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I definitely plan on picking up a copy (or two) of EoD in a few months. I'm just trying to prioritize my purchases as a gamer with a budget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
A Hero's Resolve, from the Escape from Hoth expansion, is good as well. It contains another version of Luke that can be played as an enhancement inside a Fighter or Speeder.

You might also want to check out Heroes and Legends for the Jedi objective set that comes in that pack.

Yep, these, plus Message From Beyond would be top 3. MFB is not usually a tournament pod (no resources, no big unit), but it's fun to play as it provides force protection on your big units - it's nicely themed.

By all accounts, Jedi gets a major boost in the Echoes of the Force cycle so you're joining the game at just the right time for a Jedi fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Kolberg
msg tools
sdrewthomson wrote:
ajpl wrote:

It contains only 1 Jedi objective set, and I don't think I've ever seen it used. Doesn't seem very good, but maybe others have opinions on that.

You don't buy EoD for Jedi cards. You buy it for Smugglers & Spies as well as Scum & Villainy.

Still, I question how long you'll remain interested in playing only one faction. It will get boring pretty quickly with the limited card pool right now.

All the factions are fun and interesting in their own way, and you'll want to experiment with them all and even mix them together into creative decks.

Targeted strike to Kyle katarn. It's not bad. Rest of the cards are eh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.