Popular Tags: [View All]
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cruised around the forums and saw some mention about blue and red boxes, which makes sense, but at my FLGS, I saw a bigger box (similar in dimension to, say, Rex) that said 1-4 players, and a smaller, thinner, lighter box that said 2-4 players. The copy on the back of both boxes was the same and the smaller version was about half the price. It didn't say anything about travel edition or anything - can anyone clarify this difference for me? Is the thin one all crap components or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mass Market Edition

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks. From descriptions here, I understood them to be the same box size, so I figured maybe I was looking at something else. That explains the pricing.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DuneTiger wrote:
Ah, thanks. From descriptions here, I understood them to be the same box size, so I figured maybe I was looking at something else. That explains the pricing.

Thanks!!

I always knew there was a Mass Market Edition for Ingenious but up until this forum post I never realized it was minimum 2 players where the original is 1-4. I assumed the components were just cheaper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
artayd2 wrote:

I always knew there was a Mass Market Edition for Ingenious but up until this forum post I never realized it was minimum 2 players where the original is 1-4. I assumed the components were just cheaper

I guess there's solo cards that come in the big game that aren't included in the mass market edition? It's been a while since I read up on this game, but seeing the two versions at the store piqued my interest again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smilin' Stan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DuneTiger wrote:
artayd2 wrote:

I always knew there was a Mass Market Edition for Ingenious but up until this forum post I never realized it was minimum 2 players where the original is 1-4. I assumed the components were just cheaper :P

I guess there's solo cards that come in the big game that aren't included in the mass market edition? It's been a while since I read up on this game, but seeing the two versions at the store piqued my interest again.
I don't think there are any special components needed for the solitaire version. The rules are included here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Ingenious/inge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Anyone know what the Revised Edition is all about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.