Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last night was limited to only drawing brown monsters for the dungeons spawned by Monasteries in the Dungeon Lords scenario (-1 countryside tile + 3rd Night round for solo). I caught it later and converted all remaining actual dungeons to tombs (Draconum) so it equaled out, sans the whole easier fights early on with more cards later thing.

Scored 120ish, but could have been more if I hadn't foolishly spent the whole last round trying to draw/heal 4 wounds instead of using my opening hand to kill the last enemy and scoring for remaining Dummy player cards.

Guess after about 10 plays my brain is acclimating to the rules better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New personal best. Volkare Blitz in just over 1.5 hours with Wolfhawk (my favorite). No cheats I can think of, and ended with a score of 90 at only the 2nd Day with the 1 Night left. His whole (lv. 4) army wiped out in one go with use of Ranged Ice spell, 2 Units, and additional Ranged Attack. Only suffered 1 wound from an unblocked Orc before finishing him off to end Volkare's conquest (literally 2 spots from the Red City with it's 2 Draconum guards at my back).

Had to take an early K.O. when attempting Ruins for an Artifact+AA. Took the Orc down easily, but I got the Dragon Summoner to slap my hand full of wounds and knock me out right before end of first Day. Started the Night by taking out the Mage's Tower next door to claim the Recovery Spell to heal newly drawn wounds, then purchased the Ice Bolt spell that I boosted for 8 Siege Ice to him, and that later dealt with Volky's own Poison Dragon.

Very satisfied with this victory, lowish score not-withstanding, since I really don't think I fudged anything up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first full game tonight and to be honest, I don't think I hosed up any rules. As dense as they are, they're very straightforward and rooted in common sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Lloyd
United Kingdom
York
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
You reading my badge OverText?
badge
Yes! Mage Knight is such a great game I have dedicated my avatar to it.
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Played my first full game tonight and to be honest, I don't think I hosed up any rules. As dense as they are, they're very straightforward and rooted in common sense.

If you didn't omit any rules in your first full game then I congratulate you. EDIT: We should really have a BGG microbadge for this, something like "I know the MK rulebook"

The one rule that keeps catching me out is Combat with Enemies 5a and 5b. Any non-Attack/Block effect from a red card, or a Unit ability that costs red mana to activate has no effect on enemies with Fire resistance. And the same with blue cards, unit with blue mana and Ice resistance. The common place I make this mistake is on tricky assaults and special unit abilities like "Target enemy is destroyed if blocked". I take a long time calculating out an attack with breaks the rules then catch myself and devise an alternative plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I think this is why score tracking against other players in these sort of games seems kind of a waste, seeing as it's so hard not to accidentally cheat, particularly in Mage Knight, so when I see someone make a claim of a massive winning score, I simply assume that there's a good chance they fudged the rules once or twice. In same vein, I always get really disappointed when I catch myself cheating, even if it's something really small and relatively insignificant, it makes the victory really sour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.