Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other UK backers still waiting on their copy?

I received a shipping notice on April 9th but have still not received the product and ShipNaked seem totally useless when contacted (no reply) and the tracking information in the email they sent just links to bloody Google.

As if waiting for this game and reading about its issues hasn't been enough of a farce already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not from the UK, but from The Netherlands. Nothing here yet either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the "tracking information" is just rubbish. Game Salure really haven't covered themselves with glory on this one - I'm going to be thinking twice over any future projects that are backed by their "Seal of Quality", or whatever misnamed label they have given themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I won't be buying anything published by Game Salute after this mess. I feel sorry for the designer after all the rubbish this game has been through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All packages are indeed on their way, so should be with you all soon. Regarding the tracking numbers, the system sent out slightly incorrect ones for this project: if you remove the final four digits on the number you're given, you should be able to track via the FedEx site. The items were sent using their International Mailing Service.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael. I've removed the last four digits and can now confirm that my package was received and signed for by somebody in Newark, New Jersey more than a fortnight ago.

I live in the UK so it definitely wasn't me. This has been a fantastic experience in dealing with Game Salute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashly wrote:
I'm not from the UK, but from The Netherlands. Nothing here yet either.

Game arrived today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grievy wrote:
Thanks Michael. I've removed the last four digits and can now confirm that my package was received and signed for by somebody in Newark, New Jersey more than a fortnight ago.

I live in the UK so it definitely wasn't me. This has been a fantastic experience in dealing with Game Salute.
Removing the last four digits or not, FedEx doesn't recognize the number I was given in any way.

Not to mention that my shipping notice came early this week, only a week after the message was posted to Kickstarter that all games were shipped...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Regarding the tracking numbers, the system sent out slightly incorrect ones for this project: if you remove the final four digits on the number you're given, you should be able to track via the FedEx site.

Nope. Doesn't work, even with the last four digits removed. I'll just add it to the long list of Game Salute cock-ups on this project, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoke with Game Saute yesterday about all this. (Had a head cold, so I went straight to bed after the conversation before I posted anything, sorry). Here's what's apparently going on:

1) The Card Game of Oz has had the biggest international interest than any other game Game Salute's handled! Good for my ego, bad for them.

2) They're using Fed Ex International Mail services.

a) Service only tracks packages within the U.S., once it's in the hands of the origin country's mail system the tracking number's no longer any good.

b) Some countries have mail agents in the U.S.. For U.K., packages are received and signed for in Newark, NJ and are then out of FedEx's hands.

c) Fed Ex's Int'l. system doesn't automatically send out shipping notices. GS hs to manually go through a pile of shipping labels and mannually check off in their system. They fell behind, are only now starting to catch up entering those shipping labels, which then triggers their system to send you an email that the package has shipped.

d) Michael's in London, not NH, but handles everything for GS's
KickStarter campaigns. Why they are paying someone not even remotely close to the NH office, I have no idea, but then David McKenzie, of Mojo Games, was handling the KSs originally and he's in Seattle. Go figure.)

3) Some people never responded to their campaign manager emails. That's why these people haven't yet recieved anything. This was the case for my parents. Both had ignored their emails. So they started to complain to me that they hadn't received anything yet. (My mother usually has an inbox of 300+ messages unread, until I get over to their house and clear them all out, and again lecture her on how simple it is to just check once a day. But she never listens. They're 77 1/2 and stubborn.)

4) No explanation about wrong tracking numbers, tracking numbers with extra digits, nor tracking links that go to Google.

That's what I've been told by GS. Don't shoot the messenger, please. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
ARRIVED TODAY.... and it's beautiful !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every day I get a little excited when the door knocks and every day the wait continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Revoan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today after having the priviledge of going and paying Royal Mail/Customs £14 for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This whole fiasco continues. I've now been told my game is at my local post office but that there is a £14 customs charge to be paid before I can pick it up.

Thanks Game Salute for making this whole thing one long joke. The game can stay at the post office because I'm not paying out even more money to collect a game that is full of misprints and possibly features incorrect components.

Absolute joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only £14? Lucky guys. I've got to pay £28 total, £15 import vat and a £13 "handling charge" from parcelforce. Thanks Game Salute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Only £14? Lucky guys. I've got to pay £28 total, £15 import vat and a £13 "handling charge" from parcelforce. Thanks Game Salute.

Absolute joke when you've already paid $50 to back the game and get it produced.

This whole experience has completely turned me off Game Salute, would never back or purchase anything published by them again.

As I've said before I feel sorry for James who has had to endure the complete mismanagement of this whole process by Game Salute whilst his games reputation suffers.

Game Salute got my money this time but they wont be getting a penny more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Revoan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Revoan wrote:
Got mine today after having the priviledge of going and paying Royal Mail/Customs £14 for it.

Thanks Game Salute for refunding the £14!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh really? How did that come about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grievy wrote:
Oh really? How did that come about?

Seconded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samual Grieve
United Kingdom
Newport
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this? If I'm likely to get my money back then I'll go and pick the game up today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with Anthony at Game Salute and he said he will gladly fix any problems with unexpected fees.

Fill out the form at:

http://gamesalute.com/contact/

Make it attn: Anthony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.