Subject: Consolidated Q&A rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I can't upload the file from my iPad to the files section, so I am pasting it here instead.

Hold Fast clarifications at 25th April 2014, as per Q&A at Boardgamegeek.

Terrain - movement costs are not cumulative, combat penalties are. So moving into an enemy ZOC just costs 2 MPs (always, even if friendly occupied), not 2 plus the ordinary terrain cost.

An EMPTY fortress hex that is out of supply cannot receive replacements or reinforcements. An OCCUPIED fortress that is out of supply can receive a maximum of 1 replacement step per turn.

Half hexes are not in play.

Reinforcements cannot be delayed.

If an eligible city (for unit placement such as Moscow or Warsaw) is friendly controlled and IN SUPPLY, but not occupied, the controlling player can put a reinforcement or replacement in that city, even if that city is in an enemy ZOC. But remember Russian replacements (not reinforcements) can also go to ANY in supply friendly city on the board.

You cannot over stack to bring replacements or reinforcements in.

A unit may be attacked multiple times in a turn (by different units), with a Resource Point spent each time and a different ( I.e. Unused ) Luftwaffe unit giving support.

If a replacement unit is brought in at strength 1 and placed in an enemy ZOC, it can still also receive 1 replacement point ( when in an enemy ZOC) to bring it up to strength 2.

While a fortress that is physically out of supply can put an occupying unit into supply, it cannot provide supply to another, that is, it is not part of a supply network.

Units eliminated while out of supply go into the replacement pool, just like any other unit.

If eliminated, the Finnish unit can return to the game as a replacement BUT it returns on the western edge of the map.

In battles, a defender never suffers a penalty for any terrain that relates to the attacker, so if an attacker attacks across a river, the river only effects the attackers combat dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there much actual errata so far, or is the game pretty clean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is setup errata, but that come with the game, other than that the game is clean.

Gettysburg 150 (the previous 'simple' game from Worthington) seemed to have a lot of 'obvious' basic questions asked about it, that should have really been in the rules - but wasn't. In this regard Hold Fast is a massive improvement in the presentation of tighter 'simple' rules from the outset.

I would not hesitate to buy again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Gessa
Italy
Porretta terme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all, i have played a game yesterday night wiht my old grognard friend, and was really funny.
1 question arised beetwen us, if the hex with lake 2 hexes south of helsinky is inpassable or not, we have considered it impassable (like a lot of other barbarossa games played) and here i found in the QeA that half hexes are not playable....
so were we right not to play that hex or we went wrong? germans can attack into or across?
thanks for the reply
GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't you over stack to bring in Reinforcements?

Conversely, can you activate a unit and move out of the city, followed by building a replacement unit in now vacated city hex? I think no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls