Hide
6 Posts

Nothing Personal» Forums » General

Subject: Kremlin and Nothing Personal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
I own an old version of Kremlin and will soon own the New version being released by Jolly Roger Games (I kickstarted it).

I understand that Nothing Personal is inspired by similar mechanics to Kremlin.

Is it different enough that it makes sense to get this game as well or are they similar enough that Kremlin would scratch the same 'gaming itch' that Nothing Personal would scratch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Similar thread was talked about on the Kremlin page here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1112808/nothing-personal-or-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
A Similar thread was talked about on the Kremlin page here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1112808/nothing-personal-or-...

I compared the two in that thread. I also own both and also will be getting the Jolly Roger edition. To put it simply yes they are different enough. They use a similar mechanic (like the multitude of games that use the worker placement mechanic) but are different enough in the details where you shouldn't feel you're playing the same game merely with a different theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
I also own both and also will be getting the Jolly Roger edition.

Same here.

DiploGuy wrote:
They use a similar mechanic (like the multitude of games that use the worker placement mechanic) but are different enough in the details where you shouldn't feel you're playing the same game merely with a different theme.

Couldn't agree more.

The hidden influence aspect of Kremlin really makes it an much different game for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Chicken Caesar?
How closely related is this title to NP and Kremlin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
How about Chicken Caesar?
How closely related is this title to NP and Kremlin?

Never have played CC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.