Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Hull Breach!» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A very lengthy review of Hull Breach... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
66539
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets not pull any punches shall we? Hull Breach is an Ameritrash game of pvp space combat that plays in 15 to 60 minutes.

My final conclusion: I love this game! Hull Breach is a solid 2 player tactical combat card game with a robust theme that immerses the players in a thrilling back and forth series of space battles. Despite some flaws in presentation that feel amateurish, the great theme and outstanding gameplay cannot be denied. The game is given serious legs from the overall balance of the decks and the fact that each game gives you such a compelling and thrilling experience (this is a game that tells a damn good story). Hull Breach is a good addition for anyone who enjoys thinky yet visceral tactical card games and isn't put off by the theme. Magic and other CCG players who want a quick change of pace game, this is an excellent fit for you. You are William Adama, drop the mike.

Elevator pitch: Players take on the role of a space station commander assigned to one of several factions fighting for galactic dominance. In the base game, players select a pre-built faction deck and develop a diverse fleet of Starships and Marines before smashing them against their opponent's in an effort to either destroy or capture their opponent's space station. In the more advanced version of the game, players can customize their own decks from their collection of pre-built decks for more devastating load outs. If you are familiar with how Summoner Wars deals with pre-built decks versus customizable decks, you already have a pretty good idea of how this works.

Anyone familiar with Magic the Gathering, Summoner Wars, Mage Wars, or just about any pvp CCG will immediately be at home with the basic fundamentals of gameplay found in Hull Breach. Each player deploys and develops their fleet over a series of rounds, and when the opportunity is right they launch either quick hit and run attacks or offer a massive sustained offensive resulting in considerable losses for both sides. In this way, Hull breach isn't offering anything new besides theme (the only card game I could think of that compares theme/mechanic wise would be Decipher's old SW CCG, at least the space battle portions). What ultimately sets Hull Breach apart is a very well done integration of theme into the gameplay and an incredibly satisfying combat system. It doesn't do much new, but it does the tried and true VERY WELL.

In Hull Breach each player takes a turn collecting money and resources, and then spending said money/resources on cards that build up their fleet. Player cards can be broken down into 4 types: Things that Fight (Ships & Marines), Things that build up your station (Modules), Things that modify/enhance your ships/marines (better weapons, training, etc), and cards that screw your neighbor (Events & Tactics). All of that sounds like Card Game Tropes 101, what is new here though is how this game treats its "Action" cards. In most card games "action" cards are a means of attack that usually don't involve direct standard combat or a way of tweaking the rules in your favor. In Hull Breach, the Tactics and Event cards represent MASSIVE breaks in the games rules which deal very harsh consequences to your opponent. To mitigate these cards a bit, they are restricted in many cases to only 1 such card per deck, and they are often both situational and can require die rolls to determine results. Its an interesting "balance by making everything overpowered" approach akin to what you see in games like "Glory to Rome".

Once you've put together your fancy little fleet, what do you do with it? Well, you send it out to blow sh*t up of course. I won't go into the details of how combat works because this is something best left to be witnessed, go check out Rhado's extended gameplay video for a good approximation. What I like about the game's combat, is that it has been thought through extensively for thematic consistency. There is a thematic logic that drives the combat of this game, seeking to give players an immersive play experience that lets you feel like you are commanding a fleet battle. Players who have gotten into Mage Wars understand exactly what I'm talking about when I talk about a logic underlying the combat because that is something MW has in spades. There is a cohesive logic to the combat. Fighters do, what you would expect them to do in real life. Medium sized ships, drones, capital ships, cruisers, stealth ships, this game has all that and more and each ship functions in a very unique way that makes sense. The combat isn't as simple as amassing ships with high offensive & defensive ratings (which is how space combat is handled in 99% of the games out there) and then sending them out to damage your opponent. You'll want to build your fleet and send it out to play off of your opponents' strengths & weaknesses (while at the same time holding back certain ships to defend your station and/or to avoid offering up ships that play into your opponents' strengths). Does your opponent's fleet focus on heavy hitting capital ships? You could counter that with stealth ships designed to board and take over their ships. Does your opponent load up on marine transports in an effort to board your ships? Load up on Escort ships. Does your opponent go with larger capital ships designed to deal huge volleys? Try running a mixed fleet of Jamming vessels with fast raiders to zip behinds the enemy's lines and go right after the enemy's station. And then there is a whole other layer of decisions involved in when and how to attack your opponent. Who do you keep back to protect your station? Do you go with sustained hit and run attacks, or do you hold back until you can deal a single killing blow?

Just how Ameritrash is this game? Very, very, Ameritrashy. First, this is a strict pvp game. The box says multiplayer, but everything I've seen and experienced reads that this game has a serious balance problem in multiplayer. It is absolutely a 2 player game. No more.

Second - There is direct conflict and interaction almost every player turn of the game.

Third, there is randomness aplenty. If the card draws weren't enough, you also have die rolls to resolve combat and certain other action cards. The luck factor IMHO is somewhat limited as far as card draws are concerned, because players have a limited ability to go searching through their deck every turn for certain cards. Unfortunately, there is a VERY steep cost for this, so much so that I've almost never actually used this game feature. Its a very watered down version of what you have in Mage Wars with the player spell books. The luck factor is further mitigated because several cards combo off of one another in deployment. For example, bigger ships and even your station can allow you to deploy cards from your deck for free as soon as you put them into play. As far as the randomness feel of the die rolls go, I think that the feel of randomness lies pretty close to what you get in Mage Wars as opposed to Summoner Wars. In Summoner Wars, a lucky roll can have a HUGE impact on the game. In Mage Wars, a lucky roll sucks, but isn't game changing due to the sheer volume of dice getting chucked (see the Ludology podcast for a good discussion of why this is). Hull Breach feels a tiny bit more luck driven on the dice then Mage Wars even though you will toss a ton of dice because there is a bit more variance in the die results. On the other hand though, because you are dealing with more dice and less variance then Summoner Wars, it feels far less luck driven then Summoner Wars.

Fourth, the theme is the thing of this game. If I had to pick the thing this game does best, it would be theme. The game has probably the most highly developed lore and world of any game not based on an IP I've ever played. There are 2 large history books that come with the game and its expansion. This fleshes out the world quite a bit, and as far as fluff goes, it is top notch. The world the game creates is largely sensible too. There is a logic to the story and a consistency for how it is integrated into the game's mechanics. The games rules and card play MAKE SENSE and therefore causes you to become lost in the moment of the game. You FEEL that you are doing what the game says you are doing. You are the commander of a powerful space fleet locked in a desperate struggle for survival. This game has all the space combat of the recent BSG TV series, minus the killer robots, plus evil banks and corporations. If you ever wanted to feel like William Adama, here is your chance.

What are the Pros?

1- Some of the art is fantastic.

2- Great thematic gameplay.

3- Great tactical depth to the combat.

4- Some luck driven elements, with considerable mitigation elements.

5- Fun and fast to play.

6- Highly immersive.

No game is perfect. What goes wrong here? - Please note that my complaints are my efforts to be critical and do not diminish the fun I have with this game.

Let me make a simple observation. Unless you live in the Northeastern US and are on the Con circuit, you probably have never heard of this game. This game has been poorly promoted to the masses. I think 3 major podcasts have mentioned the game, and only one has given it a real review. Rhado has done a run through. But that is about it. The game designers need to get the word out there about this game and get the game in the hands of more members of the DT network.

When the art goes bad, it goes really, really bad. I'm talking Race for the Galaxy bad. Pulpish, and amateurish. There are a lot of artists on this project and it does not feel cohesive (and in some cases professional) at all. Some art feels like it was pulled from a 3d render in a computer game, some feels like a photoshopped mix of illustration and photo image. Its odd and falls flat more then it should.

The card backs look terrible. To be fair, this is a complaint I have about a lot of games, but I think HB's card backs are notably poorer then normal. I think the image is fine, just not for the backs of the game cards. Also, having your website on the back of cards feels tacky. I wish designers understood that less is more when it comes to card backs. Good card backs should always have at least one of two traits (preferably both): Simplicity and Elegance. Check out the card backs for the game Myth and the New Doomtown: Reloaded for good examples of this. HB's card backs are neither Simple nor Elegant.

Layout design. It is clunky and off putting. The cards convey ALOT of information and they need to. Unfortunately, it can be very overwhelming to a new player. The learning curve for reading the cards is very smooth, but it can seem more challenging then it actually is based on your first impression looking at the card. The colors for the layout are also very drab and militant. I get that this is in keeping with the theme, but it makes the cards less interesting to look at. Space Opera demands more aesthetically. Compare Hull Breach's layout to that of the game Star Realms. Star Realms gives you more of a "Mass Effect" feel, a sleek futuristic military feel. Hull Breach's lay out looks drab and dated in comparison even though it is fitting for the theme. Despite my complaints, this is an issue that is suffered by many great games. Core Worlds comes to mind.

Components feel cheap. I never thought I say this, but I wish they would have gone with cardboard chits. The plastic chits feel super generic and don't feel at all thematic. I could have easily found these same chits in a 1970's era board game. Think cheap bingo chits. The dice are the bargain white d10s you buy in bulk from a jar at your FLGS. The insert and box itself aren't functional for long term use, in fact, the game box itself feels more like a large LucasArts adventure game from the early 90's and not a modern board game box. The box itself is gorgeous looking, but it is made with cheap cardboard and is clearly not intended to be used to store the game long term (you open the box at the top, like an old school computer game, and then slide the insert out). The box is difficult to repackage and the tuck boxes for the cards, while nice looking, don't fit the cards as perfectly as I like, and certainly don't work for sleeving. Speaking of sleeving, you'll probably want to do that because the card stock and gloss on the cards is a bit thin and show wear easily.

There is some challenge learning the game. The rules are simple and intuitive, once you know them, but there are a lot of tiny details that are hard to get just by reading the rules. For example, the timing for launching fighters and docking them (both in and out of combat) is a bit tricky. Player aids are a must have when it comes to teaching the game, fortunately there are two very well done "official" ones available in the files here on BGG. There is also at least one major mistake on a single module card that makes a huge difference in how the card is played, so having that errata available is also important.

Not really a complaint, but this game has two phases of learning. The first few games should be spent just learning the rules. The next several games should be spent focusing on learning the tactics of the game. The only problem is that this game can be very brutal if you make mistakes. Even well played tactical assaults can have unforeseen consequences in the form of attrition. Being able to accurately gauge the rate of attrition between you and your opponent's fleets is NOT immediately knowable, and can only be intuited through continued play of this game. That said, it is likely some folks will not give this game a fair shake simply because they will take a bitter loss or two while they are just learning the game. There are some factions that are unforgiving when you make a dumb choice, and one bad choice in this game is fatal. The other problem with this is that sometimes defeat is imminent, but the game will draw out for several more turns. Mitigating all of this though is the fact that these learning games tend to play out very quickly (30 min or less) and so you can quickly get enough games in to start learning the real meta.

After listening to my complaints, you'd probably think I hated this game, but I don't, in fact, this is a game that I'm going to push onto as many folks as I can. Every single complaint I have fell away once I got into the gameplay itself. I cannot emphasize enough how well this game nails the art of theme and immersion in gaming. Hull Breach is a wonderful story telling experience and is worth savoring. This is a supremely distilled example of Ameritrash done right. If you are a fan of Ameritrash, this game is a must buy. If you are a fan of the theme, or like the idea of commanding a fleet of starships, this is a must buy game. If you've ever wanted to say "Scramble all fighters!" and not have someone look at you as if you were insane, this game is a must buy.



My Score (per BGG's suggested rating scale) - 8.0
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No mention of how horrible the rulebook is?

I own the game, but the rulebook has kept me from even trying to learn it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
66539
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
No mention of how horrible the rulebook is?

I own the game, but the rulebook has kept me from even trying to learn it.


Try reading the Myth rulebook and tell me with a strait face that this is a "horrible" rule book.

Hull Breach's rules could have been a tad shorter, and would have benefited greatly from an index/glossary. The recent player aids posted to BGG are a Godsend and allow you to not have to go back to the rules themselves unless you have a very specific rules question. Some specific examples of combat start to finish would have been nice, but you can simply watch Rahdo's video to get that. I agree that it is hard to track down specific nit picky rules, but it isn't that bad. The way the rules are written though, they are pretty easy to digest and I only had very superficial issues during my first few plays.

If you are honestly having that much trouble, just watch Rahdo's video, then sit down and try reading the rules. It ain't that bad, but then again, I'm a professional rules lawyer. If you can read through my review surely you can handle the rules for Hull Breach.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:
jobin13 wrote:
No mention of how horrible the rulebook is?

I own the game, but the rulebook has kept me from even trying to learn it.


Try reading the Myth rulebook and tell me with a strait face that this is a "horrible" rule book.


The Myth rule book is horrible.

So is this one.

scottatlaw wrote:
Hull Breach's rules could have been a tad shorter, and would have benefited greatly from an index/glossary. The recent player aids posted to BGG are a Godsend and allow you to not have to go back to the rules themselves unless you have a very specific rules question. Some specific examples of combat start to finish would have been nice, but you can simply watch Rahdo's video to get that. I agree that it is hard to track down specific nit picky rules, but it isn't that bad. The way the rules are written though, they are pretty easy to digest and I only had very superficial issues during my first few plays.

If you are honestly having that much trouble, just watch Rahdo's video, then sit down and try reading the rules. It ain't that bad, but then again, I'm a professional rules lawyer. If you can read through my review surely you can handle the rules for Hull Breach.


I understand there are resources out there to male learning the game easier. The existing of those resources don't take away from the fact that the rule book is a wall of poorly formatted, pictureless text.

You asked me to look at Myth's rulebook. I'd ask you to look at really any modern board game's rule book. 100-1 its better than Hull Breach's book.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
66539
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
scottatlaw wrote:
jobin13 wrote:
No mention of how horrible the rulebook is?

I own the game, but the rulebook has kept me from even trying to learn it.


Try reading the Myth rulebook and tell me with a strait face that this is a "horrible" rule book.


The Myth rule book is horrible.

So is this one.

scottatlaw wrote:
Hull Breach's rules could have been a tad shorter, and would have benefited greatly from an index/glossary. The recent player aids posted to BGG are a Godsend and allow you to not have to go back to the rules themselves unless you have a very specific rules question. Some specific examples of combat start to finish would have been nice, but you can simply watch Rahdo's video to get that. I agree that it is hard to track down specific nit picky rules, but it isn't that bad. The way the rules are written though, they are pretty easy to digest and I only had very superficial issues during my first few plays.

If you are honestly having that much trouble, just watch Rahdo's video, then sit down and try reading the rules. It ain't that bad, but then again, I'm a professional rules lawyer. If you can read through my review surely you can handle the rules for Hull Breach.


I understand there are resources out there to male learning the game easier. The existing of those resources don't take away from the fact that the rule book is a wall of poorly formatted, pictureless text.

You asked me to look at Myth's rulebook. I'd ask you to look at really any modern board game's rule book. 100-1 its better than Hull Breach's book.


1- Hull Breach can be played out of the box if you try to read the rule book. I've done it. Others have too. Richard Ham for example. Myth on the other hand cannot (again, I suggest that you ask Richard Ham about his travails with that game). In fact, Richard start the Hull Breach video complaining about Myth's rule book (which is the reason he was moving forward with the Hull Breach video). Myth's rule book breaks the game, you can only play the game by creating MANY rules to fill the gaps. You cannot in good faith compare the two. You also fail to cite to ANY instance of a rule that is needed for gameplay that cannot be found in the rule book. Myth's rulebook is quantifiably inferior.

2- Yes there are better rule books out there. Rio Grande does a great job. Just because most games don't have rule books on par with theirs, doesn't mean I'll only buy Rio Grande products.

3- I don't buy games to read the rules, I buy games to play them. I will not hold the rules against a game unless they either 1- Break the game, or 2- Prevent me from correctly playing the game. Hull Breach's rule book did not break the game or prevent me from playing it correctly.

4- I agree that there are formatting issues. Rules are repeated unnecessarily. There should have been a dedicated glossary and index. There are images however in the rule book to illustrate items. Your point in truth is that there should have been more. Yes, there could have been more, but I suspect you or others would then complain that there is still too much going on. I think we all agree on the point that this wasn't a rules master piece form Rio Grande. Lack of pictures does not a bad rule book make though.

5- You are slipping into hyperbole with your argument that randomly pulling a rule book is going to result in a better one then Hull Breach. How about Mice & Mystics? Lots of complaints on that one and it is a highly regarded game for kids and families. First, your argument presumes an objective and quantifiable scale for rule books, which there is not. That means we have a subjective standard. Second, I would posit that what makes a rule book of worth is simply its utility. Does it accomplish the goal it is tasked with? If both rule books accomplish the goal of teaching the game does it really matter which is best? If the rule book serves its purpose (which Hull Breach did for me), it becomes a purely subjective debate to argue the "goodness vs. badness" of the rule book. To argue the subjective "goodness" and "badness" of a rule book is not a debate I'm particularly interested in having nor is it one I think anyone is interested in hearing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Hi Scott and Jim,

You bring up some excellent points. I'll gloss over the much appreciated praise and get right down to the critiques. At it's core we always wanted Hull Breach to be a multi(2-6)player game. In it's current iteration, your right, it works best mano y mano. We hope to grow this mechanic of more 3rd player involvement in the actual fights with the next few sets/races, scenario play in our Organized Play program and free rules sets like this one: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15604702#15604702

We've been making steps to get the game out there more. HB just teamed up with Greenbrier Games(makers of Zpocalypse) for distribution and manufacturing. We've also sent the games out for review to dozens of reviewers including the Dice Tower Network. Thing is most of, the reputable ones have a waiting list(rightly so)for reviewers so we're stuck in que.

The art- yeah.. it's really hit or miss. When we first designed the game we couldn't put a ton of money into it so we had to reach out to the community and contract art that was already made. To put it in perspective, we have over 200 cards in our inventory plus packaging, rulebook, supplements, etc. To unify the art under the "real-world" /BSG approach that we're trying to go for it will cost us around $16K . That's just for art, let alone manufacturing, shipping, warehousing, reshipping, etc.. Either way this has been one of my main priorities for quite awhile and to prepare for the eventual overhaul we're breaking down each ships design from a military standpoint(we have 3 Military veterans in our team ) so that all the visuals were derived/evolved from real world counterparts.

The layout- This is a new one by me. In contrast to our Alpha run of the game "Hull Breach Take to the Stars" we've gotten predominantly good reviews of our templates. However, I do see what you mean, it is a little plain and could be tightened up a bit.

Components- Yeah again this one really comes down to costs. After our successful KS campaign we really didn't factor in several costs(just like most first time KS projects) and ended up in debt when everything was said and done. With the help from GBG we will be using better materials and looking at more of a Munchkin type box for packaging for future sets.

Ha, you caught that! Yes there is a few mistakes. We have a total of 5 card mistakes 2 of them need errata the others can be played well enough. That is all on me personally (AJ), my bad. I had to remake each card 3 times from scratch due to various(almost comical) software and printing specs problems.

two things that we wanted to put into the box that never made it were a Quick Reference Guide(posted on our BGG page) and full deck lists in case you want to reconstruct the original pre-cons(available free on our website)

Our game is brutal. We conform to the Dark Souls school of thought here. We've lost some players that might have liked it but were punched in the mouth the first few rounds and never gave it a chance. Our game isn't for everyone. Hell, although Rahdo and Jen liked it, they probably wouldn't play it regularly due to the violent/aggressive nature of it. I will say that of the people who've actually given it a chance, the vast majority have liked and bought it. Hull Breach is only as good of a game as you are a tactical decision maker.

Lastly the rulebook- Your both right. That is the single thing we get the most complaints about. The largest hurdle for new players. Everything you could possibly need is in there its just plagued with redundancies an navigational issues for that we apologize. All I can say that we hear you all loud and clear and will have a professional rebuid it from the ground up.

Jim, please email me at teamhb@hullbreachgame.com if you have any questions about the game. I promise future expansions will be a lot easier for new players to just dive in.

Thanks for the well rounded review of Hull Breach, Scott!

Cheers,
-AJ
CEO, Art Director
Team HB
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
66539
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you folks for your work on the game. I know I have some pretty sharp criticisms and that isn't the easiest thing to hear, especialy from a nobody like me.

Please keep in mind though that those criticisms are only a small part of how I feel about Hull Breach. I do love the game and I look forward to be playing it for years to come.

On a side note, do you have plans for GenCon?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Yes, sir! We will be at GenCon. Swing by and say hello.

I appreciate any and all feedback we get. Good, bad, indifferent. That's what helps us change the game and craft a better product. By all means keep it coming.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
66539
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if you plan on having any Gencon events. I'd love to try some organized play.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
This will be our first GenCon so we're probably just going to demoing.

Also as a standing rule any HB players that play a game of HB at a convention or event with a new player will receive a promo card not included in the existing game.

for more regular updates check out our FB page https://www.facebook.com/HullBreachgame
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Auxier
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the review Scott! I only cried a little bit.

AJ is dead-on (that's why we put him in charge) our art, distro, and manufacturing issues are all cost related. Trust me, we have some very deep imaginations and some ambitious changes ahead -- now all we need is the piggy-bank to afford it. We had to make some "compromises" when the real world wanted to 'get paid' for hi-end stuff. Guys like you, who support the game vocally, ensure the creation of version II with all the goodies and fixes that come with it.

Are you on the official forums yet? Are you a Hull Breach Operative? Check out www.hullbreachgame.com for details. I interface with a lot of Commanders there about development and upcoming projects to expand the HB! galaxy.

We're currently finishing up the "Admiral Program" which will put you in Charge of the HB! Commander's at your local store... oh yeah, RHIP (Rank Has It's Privileges) so you'll be receiving minty-fresh cards straight from the presses and other cool-guy kit to accompany it for helping to spreading the good word of HB! and running Organized Play.

Glad you had fun playing it!

Daniel Auxier
HB! Game Creator
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of the issues brought up by the OP been addressed?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Issues brought up by the Organized Play?

We're currently playtesting Scott's Space Debris Additional multiplayer rule as well as a more cooperative Skirimish phase rule set. Both can be found in the rules section of our website http://www.hullbreachgame.com/skip-the-rules/

Scott, if your interested, at GenCon(Only for experienced players like yourself) we'll be running a game vs Azathoth(our HP Lovecraft tie in). The game will require 3 experienced players with prodecks. Hope to see you there!

-AJ
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hullbreachthegame wrote:
Issues brought up by the Organized Play?

We're currently playtesting Scott's Space Debris Additional multiplayer rule as well as a more cooperative Skirimish phase rule set. Both can be found in the rules section of our website http://www.hullbreachgame.com/skip-the-rules/

Scott, if your interested, at GenCon(Only for experienced players like yourself) we'll be running a game vs Azathoth(our HP Lovecraft tie in). The game will require 3 experienced players with prodecks. Hope to see you there!

-AJ


If "forum speak" OP = Original Poster

Specifically have the problems with the manual been adressed?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
We've certainly identified the problems with the rulebook, however until we order a reprint there's no way for us to adjust the already printed material.

We'll be commissioning a professional RB writer to adjust our RB accordingly. Once the reprint/2nd edition is officially on sale we'll post the full updated rulebook on our website for free download for those who already have the game and want something more aesthetically pleasing.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hullbreachthegame wrote:
We've certainly identified the problems with the rulebook, however until we order a reprint there's no way for us to adjust the already printed material.

We'll be commissioning a professional RB writer to adjust our RB accordingly. Once the reprint/2nd edition is officially on sale we'll post the full updated rulebook on our website for free download for those who already have the game and want something more aesthetically pleasing.



Thanks.

I think posting would also help perspective players (i.e. csutomers) who are interested in the game but deterred by the issues presented in reviews.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Hull Breach!
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
No prob, glad to help and talk to the community.

When you say posting would also help perspective players, how do you mean?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls