Subject: Take Cover's Effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shravan Kovela
msg tools
Take Cover, a Basic Action card, reads:

Your characters get +2D.
*/** One Character gets an extra +3D.
Global: Pay [Shield] to give one target character +1D (until the end of the turn).

All other cards, Basic Actions and Characters alike, seem to explicitly state until end of turn or this turn to signify when effects end. Take Cover doesn't do this (except in its Global ability, but that's not the question here).

Is this a permanent buff for as long as the character is fielded or was the usual until end of turn text just left out?

If it is a "permanent buff" I would presume that if the respective fielded dice go to the Used Pile or the Prep Area, they lose this buff.

So far, I've been playing it as if the ability only lasted until the end of the turn because it seems ridiculously broken otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kelsey
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I've wondered if the "extra +3D" means that one of your characters is now +5D, or is it just + 3D?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If assume end of turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MintMMs wrote:
And I've wondered if the "extra +3D" means that one of your characters is now +5D, or is it just + 3D?

Since the word "extra" is included, we played it that he was +5D.

Think of it as everyone is huddling behind a car that was just thrown at them. The guy in the middle of the huddle is shielded not only by the car, but everyone else around him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Ollec wrote:
So far, I've been playing it as if the ability only lasted until the end of the turn because it seems ridiculously broken otherwise.

Not only that, if the effect didn't end, you could continually take the action each turn to (theoretically) infinitely buff Defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Once gained, bonuses last until the end of the turn.

Page 19
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mansell
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Kworth wrote:
Once gained, bonuses last until the end of the turn.

Page 19

Also, pg 9, "Cleanup"

"All card effects end (exception: "while active" effects may continue). The turn ends."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.