Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Called Card Dungeon, it definitely has a "similar" aesthetic to that of Card Hunter, but it has randomly generated levels and completely different gameplay mechanics. Looks like it has some HeroQuest flavor as well added to the mix.

Hopefully I will get my hands on this soon and will write a preview for Slide to Play.

http://card-dungeon.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Olmstead
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar? It seems like a direct ripoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kleric42 wrote:
Similar? It seems like a direct ripoff.

If you actually read about how it plays, you would know that is not the case. And I have no affiliation with the developer, and I am not defending them. I am just defending the truth and your statement is a misrepresentation of that.

Edit: Unless you are just talking about the aesthetic (I reread your post and I think that is the case). But how many games out there share the same aesthetic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be unfair to assume that it will be one of those so-called "free-to-play" games that makes every contrived effort to squeeze money from players? I'm wary of most iOS games these days, especially anything involving virtual cards. I'm willing to retain a glimmer of hope, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the look of Card Hunter is nice, what I really enjoy is the deckbuilding. This game ripped off the packaging instead of the good stuff.

What I'd really love is a cardboard ripoff of Card Hunter gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.