Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me, or is this game ridiculously long for what it is? 3.5 hours to finish 1 act of 1 story quest for a basic draw, move, play mechanic seems a bit excessive.

Though we were new to the game, we are by no means slouches at learning new games and caught on pretty quick. If I were being reasonable, I would guess that we spent almost 30 minutes figuring out fiddly rules and combing through the rule book. But still... this play time seemed way excessive for what it is (though admittedly, I was having a very boring time being the archer who couldn't do anything but fire off 1 arrow every 4 or 5 turns).

With that being said, who else has simply decided to forgo the "earning the choice of 1 green player card or 1 treasure after completing 3 acts of a story quest" and just gone right to playing with all the advanced cards in the players decks from the get go? How does this effect game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it makes it easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played four sessions thus far (completed first Story and finished 1st Act of 2nd Story) and our Acts last from 1.5-2.5 hours. Typically 2 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We are averaging a little over 2hrs/act. longest was the first act of story 1, took 3.5 hours but it was a lot of rule reading/ redoing.. etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
It takes me maybe 2 hours to play an act. I also nerfed the progression a little because i play solo - with 2 characters.
-I keep all green cards.

-Each character can keep 1 blue item per story completed

-Since i play with only 2 but want to play with all characters, i treat them as a party. Any items i find can be given to another character, but they cant trade items in the middle of a story or quest.

-once a title is earned the hero can choose the next time to draw random advanced card for each title and swap it with cards in the deck, or use a title, but not both. That way they gain both upgrades but cant use both.

-green items on characters I'm not using are put back in the deck to be redrawn, blue items are not.

Solo play, for me, is more about progression. Coop I'll probably go with slaughterfield. That way we take away white draws, traps, and even darkness cards/lairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.