Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you build the mast (3 wood for the pile only) or get the token that gives 2 wood for the pile only, does this wood go into the pile at the end of the action phase, or do you have to wait until just before the action phase of the next turn?

If you have to wait, is any of this wood at risk of being consumed during the weather phase, or the event phase of he next turn, before it can be added? Or is it considered inviolate and guaranteed to be available for the pile?

Do you have to add all three (mast) or both (token) together, or can you break them up and add some during one turn and some during another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Non-official answers:

1. You only add wood to the pile between the Production phase and Action phase. So you have to wait until the next turn before you can actually add the wood to the pile.

2. We play that it cannot be lost or used for any other purpose. If rain would cause you to lose wood, you instead take wounds per the unfulfilled demand rule. I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct ruling or not.

3. You can break them up. For example, if one of the columns only needs 2 more wood, you can add 2 and the extra wood from the mast stay around until next turn where it can be added to a different column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's instantaneous. Building the mast and drawing discovery tokens happen while resolving the action phase. If you can't place it because the column is full or you've already placed wood this turn, you're out of luck. No, it can't "roll over" to satisfy weather conditions.

In short, it goes straight to the pile upon resolution and if you can't use it, you lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Schoonmaker-Gates
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very good and common question. I agree with the response from Michael Bishop.

See this link too,

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10377965#10377965

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. I had a re-roll success token on my search action field, you see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's instantaneous. Building the mast and drawing discovery tokens happen while resolving the action phase. If you can't place it because the column is full or you've already placed wood this turn, you're out of luck. No, it can't "roll over" to satisfy weather conditions.

In short, it goes straight to the pile upon resolution and if you can't use it, you lose it.

I agree that it's instantaneous, but we've never played that you can't build it if you've already added wood to the pile this turn. I don't see why one would think that is true...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they meant to say such that it blocked adding additional beyond the limit. No matter what, you can only add to one pile per turn. SO, if you've added three to column three (limit: 3) this turn, you obviously don't want to build the mast this turn because it will all be wasted.

robinz wrote:
Cush1978 wrote:

I agree that it's instantaneous, but we've never played that you can't build it if you've already added wood to the pile this turn. I don't see why one would think that is true...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
I think they meant to say such that it blocked adding additional beyond the limit. No matter what, you can only add to one pile per turn. SO, if you've added three to column three (limit: 3) this turn, you obviously don't want to build the mast this turn because it will all be wasted.

Precisely. Thanks for clarifying. My original response was poorly worded. The short answer is that you have to respect the scenario's rules for wood placement; these items don't make an exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for clarifying. I think I agree with what you say here, although I can't guarantee that we've not accidentally violated that in our games whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
- Mast effect is instantaneous at the end of the Action phase (as are all items built). You cannot place it on the Future Ressources pile, but you have to assume it's there...
- Oil can be used from the end of the Action phase, and then at any time during the game (Discovery token as usual)

You must fill the same column with them - overhang is lost. You cannot gain wood from them for other purposes. You therefore do not have to spend the DT during the Weather phase - nor will you be forced to...

Sorry for being late...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.