Subject: Drafting Varient? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just picked up the game (havent played yet) and i was wondering if anyone has tried a drafting varient for this game?

for example, take the trade deck and deal out 12 cards, each player selects 2 to keep and switches hands with opponent, keep 2 switch until those are gone and draw 12 more cards. keep doing that till all cards are gone then each player has their own trade deck and pool of 5 cards they could buy. cards that allow you to scrap from the buy row could be used on your opponents row or yours.

are the separate factions balanced enough that this would be doable?

for that matter would you be able to have each player just pick 2 factions shuffle together and play that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Grant

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So much of the game strategy revolves around trade (money). If you remove this aspect of the game at the beginning it would destroy the value of too many cards. The 10 starting cards (vipers and Scouts) would be completely useless cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
fallenowl wrote:
So much of the game strategy revolves around trade (money). If you remove this aspect of the game at the beginning it would destroy the value of too many cards. The 10 starting cards (vipers and Scouts) would be completely useless cards.

Read the post again, your reply is completely nonsensical. Specifically the part that says "then each player has their own trade deck and pool of 5 cards they could buy."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fallenowl wrote:

i see where your confusion is coming from, im not saying draft straight to your play deck, that would totally remove the deckbuilding aspect. i was sugesting drafting to a personal pool of cards that forms your own buy row to buy cards from. you still start with your standard 10 cards and still have to buy any card you put in your actual deck.

i was just curious if the 4 groups were roughly equal to make this a reasonable way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.