Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bordelon
United States
Deerfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I love the game as a fun and creative new movement filler game. And while I like the board, I just feel this would be even better as a small box game with a foldable paper board that I could more easily transport and bring with me to game nights.

Anyone have a hi-res scan of the board, that could be printed on an 11x17 paper and folded up?

Then if we could get a tuckbox to hold the cards, paper board, and 6 ships is all you really need.

Would be great. I would even purchase a travel size map and container for $5 if one existed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be cool if someone came up with a travel size add on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything already fits perfectly in a gallon size ziplock, in case you cannot make a paper board soon enough.

Edit: "Perfectly" may be the wrong word, but the folded board is a fantastically suitable fit, as if made to be carried this way in a gallon sliding seal ziplock, while leaving plenty of depth for the pieces and the cards to be slid in next to it on one side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to Corey (the designer) and the image file is not available to share - maybe you can contact Cryptizoic

Last time I traveled I just brought the cards and planned to use one of my dad's 100 or so cribbage boards to keep score. They make travel cribbage boards that are hollow inside and could store the cards and pegs and would fit in your pocket. You'd need to come up with some alternate colored pegs depending on what the board comes with. Turns out everyone was sick where I traveled to so I never actually played with a cribbage board yet.

If you read any of the game history Corey said the original board was linear based on a cribbage board but it eventually evolved into a spiral.

Now you have me thinking - what about other travel size games could be modified to work? heck travel size candyland has 1-100 spaces and different pieces. I wonder how the game would play with higher or lower winning values?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Robinson
United Kingdom
Buxton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted an image of one I put together for this very purpose a few weeks ago. Like cribbage it's a there and back. It fits on half a A4 sheet.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1986751/gravwell-escape-from-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.