Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've purchased 26 packs so far, and in about 4 of the packs I've had to peel the cards apart on the bottom, resulting in damaged cards.
It's not that big of a deal on the commons, but so far I've also had this:

And pack #23 had this!!!

That is kind of a bummer for me. I actually grabbed this pack out of the feed specifically because I could tell they'd be most likely be a little fused as the cards didn't shift from the bottom of the pack after testing it compared to other unopened ones, and I figured with my luck that's where the Super rare would be. It's bittersweet, but my hunch was right.

My major question is, do you think this effects anything? I mean all the cards are already a little warped, does this really matter beyond "wanting nice things"?

Obviously one in better condition would go before mine on the secondary market, but would anyone drop $40 on a scuffed card?

Do any seasoned booster openers have any advise on peeling stuck cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gillen
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same issue with a booster containing an ultra rare Black Widow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't matter. They're official cards that can be clearly read so you're good to play as officially as you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mixed feelings over the quality of the product coming out of the boosters. Yes the warping can be fixed, but not the indents left from the corner of the dice in a few of the packs (this was rare, 7 out of 60 packs in my gravity box). Of course this only matters to those who prefer to have a like new game after taking the wrapping off.

The game is fun and will be a fixture in my collection. I just want to get over the uncomfortable feeling that some of the cards I'm trying to add to my set won't come out of the pack looking like a 4 year old has handled it for two minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.