Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Justus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Just got my gravity booster and dug into it - exciting! So I'm not really planning on playing tournaments, but I will dive into the game with friends who will probably not purchase their own copies of the game.

I'm fine with printing off versions of cards I don't have since I'm not going to be entering any tournaments, but my question is how many dice per character should I try to pick up to have fulfilling games with a friend? I guess we can draft characters to avoid having two people pick the same one so that we don't have to split the dice.

I wound up with a slightly uneven distribution of dice from the gravity booster, so I'm also not sure how to pick up missing dice without buying tons more boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Groves
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You'll need about 4 of each. (Some characters can have up to 3, some up to 5 It's marked on the respective card) Don't forget that you also need to have 8 of the sidekick dice from the starter set.

As a note I had quite a bit of fun with just 2 dice for each character as per the starter pack, but I feel like it would get a bit boring sooner or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the characters that are 6+ cost really only need 2 dice. You're unlikely to have the time to get them in anyway. Likewise, the smaller cost characters (Black Widow, Nick Fury, Beast) you likely wantat least 3 dice.

I ordered 5 booster boxes. My starter and one booster came first so I played with my son using that same assortment that you had.

For two players we simply made all characters unique across both players, not just per player. That meant there was one Nick Fury, one beast, one Prof X etc. between the two players regardless of rarity. We drafted our decks at first to be fair. After we knew more about the cards we created a few decks.

Two players can comfortably play using one starter and booster box. It's slightly restrictive, but it does work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:

Two players can comfortably play using one starter and booster box. It's slightly restrictive, but it does work.

What do you mean with "booster box"?
The 60 piece package?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that if you take just one character as 4/5 dice, it leaves you with only 16/15 dice for the remaining 7 characters, which is just over 2 each. And there is no guarantee that you will even get to buy all of them in the game, in fact you probably won't. Three each is a decent amount for each character, any extra is just a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kaloo wrote:
You'll need about 4 of each. (Some characters can have up to 3, some up to 5 It's marked on the respective card) Don't forget that you also need to have 8 of the sidekick dice from the starter set.

As a note I had quite a bit of fun with just 2 dice for each character as per the starter pack, but I feel like it would get a bit boring sooner or later.

3 for Phoenix and Mjolnir
5 for each of the starter characters
4 for everyone else

That's the Max dice for any card for each character / item.

Starter Characters:
Beast
Captain America
Hulk
Human Torch
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Storm
Thor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.