Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Gesler
United States
Forney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prefer co-op as my wife doesn't enjoy playing against me...but open to competitive also. 2-4 players for typical group size.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i game with my wife too. she wasnt a huge gamer but here is a list i play with her and she can keep up with me:

king of tokyo
dominion
forbidden island
russian railroads

we went to zman games together to play with some games on international tabletop day. the first game we played was Helios, which was complicated but she learned fast and loved it, even beat me.

as far as 60-90 min games i love ticket to ride and so does she.

i would probably look into playing alhambra. its very easy, up to 5 players and can last around an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Euro, thematic, card game, war, abstract?
Can the rules be longwinded for the first game and then just click or is it imperative that the rules are easy to understand the first time also?

Just FYI: It's a great help if you rate the games in your listed collection. If you comment on why you've rated the games so, it's an even bigger help. That way people can browse through your game collection and get a good grasp on what mechanics you like and can give you even better recommendations based on that.

A one-liner explanation such as the one in your original post doesn't do this vast hobby justice when you're asking for recommendations.

You WILL get recommendations, no doubt about it, but the more info you put out there, the more targeted those recommendations are going to be.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gesler
United States
Forney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I should have given abit more information...I didn't list a genre b/c my wife is not a huge gamer and I'm really just looking for anything light-mediumish that is newbie friendly but still enjoyable for more avid gamers.

I own:
Boss Monster + Tools expansion
Carcassonne
GoT: the Card Game (way too complex to even attempt)
-Lords of Winter expansion
Nexus Ops (still unplayed by us)
Forbidden Desert
Castle Panic
Yggdrasil

We have played Castle Panic together and she seemed to enjoy it (although I prefer something that relies less on luck and more on coordination/strategy). She hasn't played Yggdrasil with me yet and I imagine that is probably about as complex as she would care to play. Waiting on Mice and Mystics to arrive, as my oldest is 7yrs old and seems to really enjoy games. (He is the only one in the family to have played Boss Monster with me and grasped it fairly well, actually beat me once when we were just racing to win and not interfering with each other too much).

As far as I am concerned, some of the favorites that I have played are Space Hulk, Heroscape, and Yggdrasil.

Really just looking for some good games that would be enjoyable by newbies and more serious gamers..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.