Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a second darkness cycle be triggered during a darkness cycle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Through AP increases coming from interrupt cards and focus spawns which add AP. I assume if it can the second darkness cycle would wait until the first is completed before it executes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pruden
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.... I don't know. My gut says yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eliezar wrote:
Through AP increases coming from interrupt cards and focus spawns which add AP. I assume if it can the second darkness cycle would wait until the first is completed before it executes.


Good question! I, too, think that the new cycle would start immediately after the one that triggered it, giving the Darkness two complete turns in a row (drawing an event card each time if there are any activated monsters).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey Phil - I played Power Grid at the last DGM. Its a pretty fun game IMO, but no way would we be able to finish in 90 minutes (took us about 4 hours to complete a 4 player game but we were all learning the rules).

I also will be bringing my Android game that I just bought about a week ago. Would love to get a game of this in (Kevin taught me this game a few weeks ago, and it was a ton of fun).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Agreed, You would do the 2nd darkness cycle after the 1st completed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would trigger after first cycle is complete.

zenile wrote:
Hey Phil - I played Power Grid at the last DGM. Its a pretty fun game IMO, but no way would we be able to finish in 90 minutes (took us about 4 hours to complete a 4 player game but we were all learning the rules).

I also will be bringing my Android game that I just bought about a week ago. Would love to get a game of this in (Kevin taught me this game a few weeks ago, and it was a ton of fun).
...what?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tosch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
I would trigger after first cycle is complete.

zenile wrote:
Hey Phil - I played Power Grid at the last DGM. Its a pretty fun game IMO, but no way would we be able to finish in 90 minutes (took us about 4 hours to complete a 4 player game but we were all learning the rules).

I also will be bringing my Android game that I just bought about a week ago. Would love to get a game of this in (Kevin taught me this game a few weeks ago, and it was a ton of fun).
...what?


Someone notify a worker and put an announcement over the intercom... we have a lost geek. Im sure his gaming group is worried about him.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Eliezar wrote:
Through AP increases coming from interrupt cards and focus spawns which add AP. I assume if it can the second darkness cycle would wait until the first is completed before it executes.


Good question! I, too, think that the new cycle would start immediately after the one that triggered it, giving the Darkness two complete turns in a row (drawing an event card each time if there are any activated monsters).


It especially make since if you think of it this way. During a DC you always draw a darkness card (except during slaughterfield). The current darkness card would need to be fully resolved before another could be drawn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.