Subject: Two very different games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was rusty with the rules, so I did not play well, but that is not an excuse. I had only arrested Jonathan Dayton, but other conspirators were known that I did not arrest. For example, I did not want to arrest Samuel Swartwout because he could hinder the prosecution’s case at the trail. As it turns out, I probably should have arrested all the known coconspirators.

Conspiracy cards in hand were Blennerhassett, Theodosia, Jackson and Wilkinson x2.

I sent the gunboats to New Orleans, but relations with Spain were bad and the expedition had received British gold.
I had 7 evidence cards in hand for a total of 14.5 points plus I had Supreme Court Appointees in my back pocket. The defense only had three cards for a total of 8 points, so I thought I was probably OK to go ahead and arrest Burr and take my chances at the trial, but I could not find him. I had already endured two riots in the West, and on one occasion I spent 3 Prestige Points to conduct three searches where I only needed a 1-4 result and all three search rolls were either 5 or 6.

Burr’s expedition launched successfully and wouldn’t you know it? Wilkinson and De Irjuo were planning a coup d’ etat. Disastrous Defeat and completing the Pressure Britain agenda only removed a little sting and stain.

SECOND AAR
I accumulated many Conspiracy cards very early during the second game and the Expedition was progressing along very slowly. Eventually all I was missing were 3 Wilkinson cards and Theodosia, so it was a full blown coup against the fledgling nation or a harmless excursion to settle some new lands. If the expedition began to pick up steam I would have to find Burr and bring him to trail with a charge of treason or decide to simply him go. I began searching the West and who appears, but Burr himself? Now I am on a short time frame before expedition launch checks begin.

Fortunately another Wilkinson Conspiracy card appeared and I knew that Burr’s intentions were benign, so I let him go.

Two very different games with two very different results, but great fun all around. My hat is off to Robert for his remarkable design! Fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Mark--Great AARs! Glad you're enjoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.