Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Martz
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is this game still available? As I recall it used to be on VPGs website but I couldn't find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul! Thanks for your interest.
Victory Point Press, the printing arm of Victory Point Games, is no longer doing business and as such, have stopped printing Duel of Eagles. I am currently working on upgrading the game with some new rules, expanded tables and new scenarios and then having it made available directly from White Dog Games as Duel of Eagles II. The physical components will be the same - counters and map - but I'm trying to add some additional flavor to the game system as well as offer historical, variable and tutorial scenarios. Owners of the original game will be able to download these new items for free.

If you're still interested in purchasing a copy of the game instead of waiting for DoE II, send me an e-mail and I'll get you a copy at a good price as I have a batch of them left over (untouched and in the shrink wrap).

Thanks again!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Martz
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hermann,
Wow! What a quick reply. I may take you up on your offer. I'll let you know in the next few weeks.

Thanks Again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 physical new boxed copies (VPG printed editions) available if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasnt there plans for a GMT version at one point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post, Chris! I love your store!
Brian - yes, sort of ........

At the end of this month, or thereabouts, GMT will be posting my new design "At Any Cost: Metz 1870" on their P500 page. This game is based on the DoE system but will go a bit further. The map is 22 x 34 and covers the entire area west of Metz. Scenarios include Mars-La-Tour, Gravelotte-St. Privat and a campaign game that features an off-map, hidden movement system for the Prussians to simulate their strategic movement towards the area. So players can have the campaign evolve differently than it did historically.

Duel of Eagles II will still be just the Battle of Mars-La-Tour but will allow me to fix a couple of small rules things that have been bugging me. Also, it will now have the famous uber-thick White Dog counters!

Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Also, it will now have the famous uber-thick White Dog counters!

Those White Dog thick laser counters are so nice, without the annoying VPG soot (and the ridiculous napkin they put in their games).

Best of luck with GMT, so glad you're escaping the clutches of the minor leagues - your talent deserves so much better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve! That means a lot coming from you!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.