5 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another 2nd town question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sommer
United States
flag msg tools
I've read through a couple of the other threads on building a second town, but I don't know if they answered the specific situation I had come up.

I had my first town built, and I started working on another cluster of buildings a couple of tiles away (no water in those tiles). As the 2nd group of buildings started to grow, it ended up that there was one tile between my first town and my 2nd group of buildings, such that if I put a dwelling in that tile, I would have enough points for the 2nd town to be formed, but that last dwelling would also be touching the first town.

It seems there is a contradiction of rules here. Building that last dwelling would instantly form a 2nd town, but it would also instantaneously be added to the first town. So would the 2nd town be formed, or would all the buildings in the 2nd group now just become part of the first town?

Based on the other replies I've seen so far, I believe that the 2nd town would never be formed ... I would have liked it to be the other way (since I would have created two towns), but I don't think that is the correct interpretation.

Any help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
You are correct, it does not form two towns. Think of it as the town has to
Be able to stand alone at the end of
The action that creates it.

Pg. 14 of the rulebook says towns are founded "automatically". It doesn't say they are founded "instantly".

The town creation details on pg. 15 explicitly state that building adjacent to existing towns "expands that town rather than forming a new one".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sommer
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for confirming that ... at least I'll plan ahead better next time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lts say that he is able to form the 2nd Town without building on the tile between the first and 2nd town. Once he has scored the bonus for the 2nd town without any tiles being adjacent to the first town, then he can certainly build on the tile between the 2 towns???? That would not have any effect on the 2 towns right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
Lts say that he is able to form the 2nd Town without building on the tile between the first and 2nd town. Once he has scored the bonus for the 2nd town without any tiles being adjacent to the first town, then he can certainly build on the tile between the 2 towns???? That would not have any effect on the 2 towns right?

Correct. Also discussed in the bullet details on pg. 15. Once you've earned bonuses for forming a town, they are never lost (even in the case of towns merging on the board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.