Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5?

I didn't see any with Max 6?

5 actually seems excessive for deck building, but I'm sure I don't know have a clue just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M Rich
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the max dice 5 characters are only the uncommon versions of the starter set characters. So 2 starters + 1 uncommon OR 1 starter + 3 of each U. I plan on keeping 2 of each non starter common and of each U and R (or 1 R and UR) to have the 4 dice and eventually picking up a 2nd starter and not have to need 3 common Beast's (etc) to field the 5 dice max characters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malice93 wrote:
I think the max dice 5 characters are only the uncommon versions of the starter set characters. So 2 starters + 1 uncommon OR 1 starter + 3 of each U. I plan on keeping 2 of each non starter common and of each U and R (or 1 R and UR) to have the 4 dice and eventually picking up a 2nd starter and not have to need 3 common Beast's (etc) to field the 5 dice max characters

Wait, what? You only need one card to add dice, not multiples of them. You'll only ever need one of each card, barring trading; in fact, you can't have more than one character card at a time anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Melander

Dilworth
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think he was saying that. Just that it would likely be easier to get 5 dice for the starter characters by buying 2 starters and pulling 1 uncommon for each, rather than only having one starter and hoping to pull 3 uncommons for each. Granted there was a typo in saying 'common' rather than 'uncommon'.

As for keeping 2 of each non-starter common, it's probably just a matter of maintaining the one-card-per-die equilibrium in his collection. It's what I would do, because I don't think anyone would want a random common card without a matching die and I'd feel bad if I just threw extras away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. That makes sense. I think I will try and maintain 5 of each for everything, just in case of expansion cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bequette
United States
East Carondelet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for clarification sake: You'll need 5 of any starter character. 4 of everyone else except for Phoenix, who you'll only need 3 of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
OK. That makes sense. I think I will try and maintain 5 of each for everything, just in case of expansion cards.

You think wizkids is gonna make an expansion, with the same characters and use the same dice from base set? Not a chance :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy T

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb
cbequette wrote:
Just for clarification sake: You'll need 5 of any starter character. 4 of everyone else except for Phoenix, who you'll only need 3 of.

You only need 4 of the starter characters as well. They each have Max 4 (3 versions come in the starter and they each only have one other version in the boosters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bequette
United States
East Carondelet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDub586 wrote:
cbequette wrote:

You only need 4 of the starter characters as well. They each have Max 4 (3 versions come in the starter and they each only have one other version in the boosters).

The Max on all of the Uncommon characters from the starter is 5.

Edit: You're talking about the cards I assume, which you are correct, you'll only need the 4 cards. But the thread is about dice, where you'll need 5 of the starter characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy T

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb
cbequette wrote:

Edit: You're talking about the cards I assume, which you are correct, you'll only need the 4 cards. But the thread is about dice, where you'll need 5 of the starter characters.

Don't have the uncommon versions so I thought that all versions of the card had the same Max number. Strange that they would be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bequette
United States
East Carondelet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDub586 wrote:
cbequette wrote:

Don't have the uncommon versions so I thought that all versions of the card had the same Max number. Strange that they would be different.

Yeah, I agree it's weird. But from WizKid's business perspective it either forces you to buy a second starter and/or continually buy packs until you get the 3rd, 4th and 5th of their respective dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
cbequette wrote:
JDub586 wrote:
cbequette wrote:

Yeah, I agree it's weird. But from WizKid's business perspective it either forces you to buy a second starter and/or continually buy packs until you get the 3rd, 4th and 5th of their respective dice.

It isn't about making people buy more boosters. The different max dice numbers are for gameplay balancing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smat008 wrote:
cbequette wrote:
JDub586 wrote:
cbequette wrote:

It isn't about making people buy more boosters. The different max dice numbers are for gameplay balancing.

lol, first rodeo with wizkids? my shop cant even get the tournament kits for this unless they buy a bunch of other stuff from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smat008 wrote:
cbequette wrote:
JDub586 wrote:
cbequette wrote:

Oh sweetie, bless your heart. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
3 for Phoenix and Mjolnir
5 for each of the starter characters
4 for everyone else

That's the Max dice for any card for each character / item.

Starter Characters:
Beast
Captain America
Hulk
Human Torch
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Storm
Thor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.