Shephy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does Shephion mean game over unless discarded/removed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I have just had three games end very quickly because of Shephion. I interpret the rules as if you have no sheep in the field you die - even if you have another an event card that can give you more sheep?

If not, then Shephion would mean instant death since you are only allowed up to seven cards in the field and it tells you to releasen seven cards... Unless you have a card that allowed you to remove or discard it that is of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right - try not to play it until you get a "discard" or "remove a card from the game" card in your hand. Then get rid of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
huffa2 wrote:
That's right - try not to play it until you get a "discard" or "remove a card from the game" card in your hand. Then get rid of it.

Hmmm have I been playing it wrong then. I thought you had to play all your five event cards, then draw five more. Can you actually keep some in your hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After you play a card you draw another so you always have five cards (until the deck starts running out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Hahaha that is so silly of me. Amazing that I have been able to win then. Thanks for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doom 18
Spain
Can Pastilla
Illes Balears
flag msg tools
¡¡¡A por el próximo!!!
badge
¡Ouch!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I just wanted to confirm that 7 is the maximum number of cards you can have in the field. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Yes that is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.