Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It hasn't been updating for over a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mine updates with every view
I see different lists on each domain

try clearing your cache
if that does not work
try restarting your computer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alsandor wrote:

THREAD TITLE: My Recently Viewed side bar does not update anymore

I know I've done the same thing, but how can anybody solve the problem without some details?

What kind of device do you use (PC, smartphone etc?)

What is operating system & version?

What is browser & version?

Do you have any ad blocking software running?

----

My Recently Viewed side bar works, so it is probably some problem with your setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
alsandor wrote:

THREAD TITLE: My Recently Viewed side bar does not update anymore

I know I've done the same thing, but how can anybody solve the problem without some details?

What kind of device do you use (PC, smartphone etc?)

PC

Quote:
What is operating system & version?

Windows 7

Quote:
What is browser & version?

It's the same in three different browsers (Opera (principal), Chrome and Firefox.

Quote:

In Opera I do, but not in Chrome.

----

My Recently Viewed side bar works, so it is probably some problem with your setup.

[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the additional information.

Did you try Bob's suggestions? Browser cache problems are more unusual now, but they still do happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
Thanks for the additional information.

Did you try Bob's suggestions? Browser cache problems are more unusual now, but they still do happen.

Not yet.

Let's see what happens when I press this button...

Well, that was a bust...I cleared browser history in Opera (couldn't find anything called cache but I vaguely recall it used to be that and cookies) and now I'm booted out of BGG and can't sign back on with my userid and password in Opera.

Something is definitely afoot...

P.S,: I'm still logged in in Chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be a clear all history button, but that was removed at some time in favor of the ability to individually edit (read: delete) entries.

If you click on the "All" button at the bottom of the Recently Viewed list, it will take you to the full history. If the items listed there do not match the items that are showing on the front page, there is a larger problem that would probably have to be resolved by one of the programmers.

You might try deleting the most recent entry as it may be causing the database to choke on something. Clicking on the red X will remove that entry from the list. Removing the entry will also allow you to see if the list does actually change on the front page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:
There used to be a clear all history button, but that was removed at some time in favor of the ability to individually edit (read: delete) entries.

If you click on the "All" button at the bottom of the Recently Viewed list, it will take you to the full history. If the items listed there do not match the items that are showing on the front page, there is a larger problem that would probably have to be resolved by one of the programmers.

You might try deleting the most recent entry as it may be causing the database to choke on something. Clicking on the red X will remove that entry from the list. Removing the entry will also allow you to see if the list does actually change on the front page.

Ok, I'm easily confused. Are you talking about some browser, or the BGG application?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:

So I reinstalled Chrome and it seems to be fixed. Damn, I was starting to like Opera again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:

Is this a known issue or just a guess?

I have not installed ad blocking since, but I really would like this to be resolved so that we can use ad blocking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alsandor wrote:
herace wrote:

Is this a known issue or just a guess?

I have not installed ad blocking since, but I really would like this to be resolved so that we can use ad blocking.

It is just a "wonderment" trying to help isolate the problem. I don't know enough about the BGG page transmitted to know if an ad blocker could possible snag the "Recently Viewed" side bar, but it seems possible.

I did some website development. In reality browsers don't render exactly alike - and that is even before folks fiddle with the configuration of browser by adding things like blocking software, or changing default (eg smallest) print size.

All in all the differences between browser renderings is a major headache. Think about it. There are different hardware platforms, including different screen sizes. There are different operating systems, and different versions of the operating systems. Different browsers, different versions of the browsers, and different configurations of any given browser. Even Microsoft doesn't have deep enough pockets to test and support all of the possible configurations.

So the point is to try to connect to some "larger" group of users that are having the same problem, so that would help isolate the snag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.