Subject: E-Raptor Agricola Organiser/Stand - A Pictorial Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Far from completely necessary, the E-Raptor Agricola Stand is ultimately a bit of bling with which those of us who love Agricola can pimp their game.

What follows is a brief pictorial overview and review for those tempted…

It arrives packed in a perfectly satisfactory, if somewhat pedestrian cardboard envelope.

1) Components and Construction: It can't really be faulted here. A plywood base is attached to a four-piece acrylic upper via five allen key bolts that pass through the stand into dome-headed nuts that nicely double as feet. In being plain, the base is a little dull, but it's nothing a puff of paint wouldn't cure.

At the top and the two sides, sandwiched between the main acrylic upper and the plywood base, are three slim sections of acrylic that function as a frame, holding the player board in place. The fit is perfect.

Score:

2) Function: The stand is designed primarily for those player boards that have the resource organisers at the top, as opposed to the general woodland. This is fine, except that, if my copy of Agricola is anything to go by, I only have two of that particular type (orientated correctly) and that creates an issue. As you can see from the picture, should you choose, or have to use, the woodland-topped board, everything ends up being out of alignment and that's a shame.

It is also designed for the later edition of the game, the one that comes with the thin fences; the thicker fences have to sit on one of their angles. (Also, I'm not sure why there are fence spaces cut around the outside edges of the two beginning house spaces, given that you never have fences there. See last picture.)

Inevitably, the stand will somewhat reduce the 3D nature of the fences, but not so much that it really matters. Again the fit is perfect; neither too loose nor too tight. This also applies to the house and field tiles.

Score:

So, how will a successful farm from the base game look ensconced in its E-Raptor organiser? Something like this:

3) Conclusion: I like the E-Raptor stand. It's not perfect, but for the price (under £10), it's nicely produced and in the main, does what it sets out to do. I do think there should be an alternative available, one that accommodates the woodland-topped boards, but other than that, it's a perfectly fine piece of kit with which to pimp your game.

Final Score:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smashing review Jamie, thank you very much for sharing this with the community
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.