Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Fletcher
United Kingdom
Heathfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just ordered the new version of Zombies!!! Having played the original, but lost it in a relationship breakup, (I thought that exes wanted the car and the dog - not your games!)

I intend to play with the quick(er) rules posted elsewhere on this site.

I agree with the thoughts of many other posts that the game is 'not as good as it could be.' So i am wondering how to add a little more flavour and decisions. My plan is to have different characters, each with at least one special ability. Please add any ideas that you have for this . . .

Cop/military

When using a bullet it counts as +2, so a roll of 2 becomes 4 by spending a bullet, while a 1 needs 2 bullets to be spent.

Janitor

Can enter a building through any wall(window)since he has the keys for everything!

Boy with Dog (Rocky?)

Can send Rocky out to distract the zombies, it moves players normal movement and any zombies on the same tile move 1 sq immediately towards it.

Prom Queen

Can Scream - all zombies and players move their full move towards her immediately.

Priest

Use Crucifix - all zombies on th tile move away from the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackal! wrote:

Priest

These are Zombies, not Vampires, maybe you can use Michael Jackson as a character and let him sing "Thriller"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my research and field experience support frank's statement regarding zombies and religious iconography. it has been consistently shown that zombies have little or no regard for anything other than warm human flesh. many termination protocols proven successful with other alien and paranormal threats are equally useless with zombies. please don't put yourself or others in harm's way with poor information. brain destruction is still the one and only proven tactic in zombie elimination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want zombie vampires, I suggest watching The Last Man on Earth, starring Vincent Price. (I found it on DVD for $2 at TRU.) You'll spend the whole movie trying to figure out whether they're zombies or vampires. Apparently, the classification of the undead had a long way to go in 1964. Or maybe they're just ghouls. No love for the lesser ghouls.

The characters sound pretty interesting. I'd be curious what you think of them after trying them out. If you really want differentiated characters, you might also look into When Darkness Comes.... I like the combat system in that. Unfortunately, the tiles are not compatible, but there is plenty of room for crossover with Zombies!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the source material for that movie, "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson, unambiguously features vampires. the second movie based on the book is "Omega Man" starring Charlton Heston. in that, the antagonists clearly are not vampires and seem like mutated cultists. in either case, property values are adversely affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wasp Factoryman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent game we gave the option of each pawn carrying one pot of marmite. In a 'sticky' spot you were allowed to smear your pawn in marmite once in the hope that the zombie would be so disgusted that it would leave you well alone (space permitting). On a D6 : 1 - 4 = you were OK and the zombie gagged off to a vacant square. 5 - 6 and the zombie happened to love marmite and attacked with extra vigour (5 - 6 to kill). It was a lot of fun at the time...sober it types a bit lame, but it was a laugh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
f-p-p-m wrote:
Jackal! wrote:

Priest

These are Zombies, not Vampires, maybe you can use Michael Jackson as a character and let him sing "Thriller"

I would propose this characterization: The Priest of Ever-Vascillating Faith Who Not Only Bravely Volunteers To Create A Diversion But Also Is At Times Obsessed With Saving The Zombies' Souls *ONLY* To Occasionally Have His Faith Abandon Him Altogether In His Ongoing Quest for Redemption.

Before rolling to determine his movement points, use a six-sided die to determine the Priest's character disposition, whether his moral compass is pointing more towards Courage and Determination OR Cowardice and Hypocrisy. If you throw a ...

6 = Priest exhibits saintly boldness as he willingly serves as a decoy to divert the Zombies' attention away from your heroes and earns + 2 movement points while triumphantly singing, "Onward, Christian Soldiers!"

5 = Priest exhibits peevish courage as he willingly serves as a decoy to divert the Zombies' attention away from your heroes but earns only + 1 movement point because he forgets the words to the 23rd Psalm which causes him to lose sight of his objective as he instead tries to jog his memory to try to recall those Bible verses instead of jogging his feet to evade the zombies.

4 = Priest exhibits self-righteous anger as he willingly serves as a decoy to divert the Zombies away from the heroes and as a result earns no bonus movement points for repeatingly pausing to make futile appeals to the zombies to renew their faith and save their souls.

3 = Priest exhibits faltering bravery as he he willingly serves as a decoy to divert the Zombies' attention away from the heroes but incurs -1 bonus movement point for sheer hypocrisy for earlier berating his companions for discouraging him from serving mass and delivering the last rites to the zombies while he himself now whimpers aloud in growing fear while saying the rosary.

2 = Priest exhibits dubious conviction after berating his fellows for not volunteering to serve as the willing decoy to divert the zombies from the heroes but incurs -2 bonus movement points for having growing second thoughts which cause him to hesitate and falter and then to self-servingly make a break for it, fleeing for his own dear life.

1 = Priest displays only token bit of overblown macho bravura and derring-do (a la the Cowardly Lion of "The Wizard of Oz") to serve as a willing decoy to divert the zombies' attention away from the heroes only to instead turn chicken-hearted, scream like the High School Prom Queen, and come fleeing back in the direction of the heroes with the zombies following behind him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
How about the priest just screams "I KICK A$$ FOR THE LORD!!"

and his Kung Fu Skills push the zombies back

;p