Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Day 3 of Kingdom Con started early for us with 2 games of Roll Through the Ages: The Late Bronze Age, followed immediately by a game of Ticket to Ride. Then, our friend Rob joined us as we played Alien Frontiers for the first time. this is a game I had been really curious about for a long time, but didn't know anyone who owned it. Thank goodness that it was in the Con Game Library! This is an awesome game, and I must get it somehow! After a short break, friends Roman, Dawn, and Nick showed up. We played Ticket to Ride: Europe, then played Formula D with the Formula D: Circuits 3 – Singapore & The Docks expansion. We used The Docks track with the advanced rules. It became the Race of Doom, as 3 of 5 players wrecked, and the other 2 cars barely made it across the Finish Line intact! But, we did have fun. We ended our evening with 1.5 games of King of Tokyo. I say 1.5 as one player didn't understand the rules and thought that you start out with 10 health and 10 fame, so he thought he won when he didn't. (OOPS!) By this time, we were well and truly gamed out, so we left while it was still light.

We didn't attend on Sunday, as that is a day for Church and rest, so Saturday ended our Con experience. For a recap...

20 games played over 3 days

10 games new to me

1 real disappointment (Princes of Florence)

2 great new discoveries (Alien Frontiers and Timbuktu)

Oh, and as we were leaving, I turned in 20 of the wood Con Achievement tokens we had collected for a free copy of Angry Sheep devilshake

An awesome time, but both the wife and I find ourselves completely drained by the experience. Will we do it again next year? Maybe, if we can recover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.