Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I use to be a big magic player and loved the sealed format. I would really love to try to figure out how to run a sealed format. I know they have a pseudo constructed-sealed but I love the randomness of straight sealed. 10 packs is around 13-20 different I would imagine. Maybe you would get to play like 10 characters instead of 8 or something of the sort. SOrry this is more random then it should be but I will brainstorm a bit more after playing this a few more times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you take dice out of the picture (say everyone brings their own dice), then I think for me a sealed format is easier to swallow where you only need to draft your team of 8 from say 20(?) booster packs? Otherwise the gross shortage of dice would make it a very atypical setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just bring basic action dice and sidekicks. make a sealed deck out of 10 boosters. Pick 8 out of the 20 cards. Dice are provided in the boosters. Won't make your 20 dice limit, but everyone will be in the same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dear

tulsa
OK
msg tools
There are draft rules for if only 1 person has dice. Going by those rules you could just open 10 packs fresh and put them into a draft pile, with each person getting 10 dice and 10 health then follow the rest of the drafting rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
You could just bring basic action dice and sidekicks. make a sealed deck out of 10 boosters. Pick 8 out of the 20 cards. Dice are provided in the boosters. Won't make your 20 dice limit, but everyone will be in the same boat.

Being in the same boat may be fair, but not necessarily fun. This sounds not fun. I prefer a "cube" format where one person brings all his dice and you draft from his pool of cards and get an optimal number of dice. I don't think a sealed format would be fun with the current booster setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a sealed tourney system on their product page. If I remember right you come to the table with sidekicks, 2 action cards and 4 character card with max 3 each. Then you buy 10 boosters and fill the rest out. Switching out the characters you brought if you want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
oneone78 wrote:
There is a sealed tourney system on their product page. If I remember right you come to the table with sidekicks, 2 action cards and 4 character card with max 3 each. Then you buy 10 boosters and fill the rest out. Switching out the characters you brought if you want to.

Yeah that was the constructed-sealed format I mentioned. I think that format will make the stronger cards even better. Obv that's a guess seeing as how I'm still new to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did a draft and it worked well. $10 buy in 10 packs per player out of a booster box. (Up to 6 players per box)

you open packs, pick one pass to your left and do this until all 5 packs are gone. Then you open the second 5 packs and do the same.

If you screwed yourself over somehow and did not pick 8 different characters to field you couldn't play. We did not have any issues with that at all.

It was great fun and mixed up a lot of established strategies I am already starting to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
that sounds interesting for sure...did you use any basic ability cards or anything or just the cards you drafted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.