Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I now often try to describe these old game show games in modern game mechanic terms. ( Since I am sure many of you Android/Wargame/Terra Mystica people are just DYING to find a 40 year old game show home version to bring to your table as you most likely roll your eyes at all the oddities I report on playing ! ) This game has press your luck elements, guessing, hidden information, question answering and deduction! What more could you want?

What Aimee wanted was to stop being the unlucky person of the day-- and she got it !!

I explain this game and how it works, punch out and load the first board. And Aimee , bless her , gets three 500$ boxes on her first three picks, gets all three questions right, and WINS before the usually-destroys-us Tony even gets a turn !! Aimee validly cries out " AT LAST, REDEMPTION!" Sadly she busts on her 2nd bonus round pick, only adding $300 to her total.

I try valiantly in the 2nd round to find Money Bags to Break the Bank but to no avail-- I have to settle for a win with lots of questions in a row I knew and three measly $100 boxes, followed by a crappy bonus round of only $300 where I also bust on the 2nd pick. :/

The third and final round demonstrated that Tony is not accustomed to losing, much less getting shut out. He plans to roar back with a
vengeance.

We reveal a ton of the board and not yet do we have 3 boxes won-- ( I got questions correct about obscure linguistic terms, yet I totally forgot/never knew that Pinocchio got eaten by a WHALE??? WTF was a WHALE doing near Gepeetto's forest cabin?? Stupid Disney Insanity !!) -- and we are at two money bags apiece ... Tony finds the WILD card, his intelligent self of course knows the author of Frankenstein is Mary Shelley -- and he Breaks The Bank with his WILD counting for Money Bag #3 for 7 Grand for the first time in our session for the game-- he then wins the bonus game ALSO for the first time in our session -- and he then takes his usual position of wiping the floor with Aimee and I-- his " I didn't get a turn !" on the first game of Aimee's redemption win being thusly avenged, and then some.

FINAL SCORES :

A $1800
T $12,000
K $600 ( )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.