Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all. I've really enjoyed my first two games, the second was a loss by only by the fact that I lacked a single move for a slave cube on the very final turn.

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/freedom-the-undergrou...

Are these worth having?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so, but I put a LOT of stock in the historical element of games. So, anything that adds a little bit more history to the game (which these cards do by adding additional historical information) is going to be worth it to me. If that doesn't matter as much to you, then I don't think you'll miss anything game-play wise by not having them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm of the same mind, David. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the designer wants you to use these to randomly replace some of the other cards, which means your possible combinations change...which adds replay value.

I think the next step is mixing the extras with their regular counterparts and taking an appropriate number of each type, so you will have even more possible surprises...there will be no card you are certain is in the deck somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.