Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in keeping up to date about games in progress from Dr. Finn's Games, we are currently about halfway through the creation of the artwork for the the Institute for the Magical Arts. I've started loading up the artwork (though not in the format of the cards themselves). The Kickstarter for the game will likely be launched in the summer of 2014, with a release date of early 2015.

I am very excited about this game. It shares some surface similarities with Stefan Feld's Roma, with it being a 2-player variable card power, dice game. However, rather than each player having their own cards (as in Roma), players roll dice and place "power stones" to compete for cards, which offer both victory points and special powers. And, it is a relatively quick game, yet with interesting decisions (well, that's my hope).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnson
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great, can't wait to back it! I really like the art you posted so far.
Based on the dates for the Kickstarter, is it safe to assume this game is going to be out before Foragers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Feyd414 wrote:
Sounds great, can't wait to back it! I really like the art you posted so far.
Based on the dates for the Kickstarter, is it safe to assume this game is going to be out before Foragers?

Yes. "Foragers" is in line after this one. It's much easier for me to do 2-player games, as it is much easier to find 1 playtester than more. "Foragers" has just seen a few more changes and I think I'm getting close to wrapping it up. And, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one I am excited about Dr. Finn. Your games continue to be a hit with me and my wife as well as my fellow game group players. The comparison to Feld's Roma is interesting as he is one of my favorite designers, I can't wait to see and hear more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ciggie wrote:
Another one I am excited about Dr. Finn. Your games continue to be a hit with me and my wife as well as my fellow game group players. The comparison to Feld's Roma is interesting as he is one of my favorite designers, I can't wait to see and hear more!

Thanks. I'm glad you, your wife, and gaming group are enjoying my games. I'll be posting more images as the artist finishes them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Nanninga
Netherlands
Zwolle
Nederland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks interesting. I enjoy the combination of simplicity in gameplay with complexity in choices. Or rather choices where there is no obvious best choice. I think Biblios does that really well, so i have high hopes for this one!
Any news or sneak peaks? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeallos wrote:
Looks interesting. I enjoy the combination of simplicity in gameplay with complexity in choices. Or rather choices where there is no obvious best choice. I think Biblios does that really well, so i have high hopes for this one!
Any news or sneak peaks? cool

News: I'm in final stages of rule editing and Kickstarter preparation. Looking to launch in late July. I usually give sneak peaks and news through my Facebook page, though I will try to keep posting more images in BGG too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.