Multi-Man Publishing» Forums » General

Subject: How does a FLGS get games for a customer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pudge74 grand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am a customer who really wants to purchase the games through my FLGS. Both the owner and and I have sent emails into MMP's Customer Service email address and I called MMP this past Friday and left voice mail.

Granted, I know they probably only work with certain distribution companies that maybe my FLGS can't access. However, it would be good to at least get an answer one way or the other. If it was one game I might understand but I am looking at something like $250-$350 in games.

Anyone else know what I can do? I would like to support both MMP and my FGLS and would prefer to get the games through my FGLS.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Your FLGS should know best if they can order them through their distributor. But realize that you'll be paying retail either way through your retailer or direct from MMP unless your getting a side discount from your retailer. If MMP doesn't have a particular game in stock, it's likely a distributor won't either.

Also realize that at retail prices, $250-$350 could be a whopping 2-3 MMP games depending on which ones you're interested in. There are good sources for MMP games through online retailers like Coolstuff Inc. and NWS games. I've also had good success ordering directly from the MMP website.

Hope you have success getting the ones you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that MMP goes through a distributor. They may ship directly to retailers.

One thing to keep in mind is that everyone who works at MMP does so part time. I'd give them a couple of weeks to get back to your FLGS. They're a pretty small operation. If you want to call them directly make sure that you do so before 1PM East Coast time. Then you have a chance of getting a hold of them live. They may have changed their hours in the past couple of years, but that's what I had to do when I wanted to talk to someone live. I usually got a hold of Luanne. They're all nice folk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
autumnweave wrote:
I'm not sure that MMP goes through a distributor. They may ship directly to retailers.

My understanding from my FLGS is none of the three distributors he deals with carry MMP. To get them he would have to deal directly with MMP and MMP allows him such a small mark up that they aren't worth carrying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You (or the purchaser for your FLGS) might find more info via: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Contact/tabid/105/Default....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.