Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Toderas
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We picked up this game by accident while we were looking for other things in a board-game shop. It was dropped behind some big boxes, and they only had this one. The clerk had no idea they had one of those so he charged me 10 euros for it (this is how those adventure movies start).

We took it home and the same night we sat down to try it out. Boy was it a surprise.

The game has a quick flow and it takes around 10 minutes to finish one after everybody learns the cards. A printed-out aid helped as well.

I won't go into details here (hence the name of the topic), but the game is really competitive and mean. These games usually provoke friend wars

The art is very pleasant and the icons are clear. We had no need to check the rules several times, they were pretty easy to explain and to understand.

I've played so many other games that were over-hyped, and I can't understand why this one didn't make it to the best 100 at least.

Now I am not saying that this game is better than Coup, but it sure gives you more options, and in the end, it is a different version of Coup... the feeling is the same but here at least you play with more than two cards and it's as fast as it gets.

I can only recommend this game to players in love with games such as Love Letter, Coup and so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good game that plays quickly in a way that Coup and Love Letter does. It's not really a microgame due to the amount of cards that come with it, but it's still worthy of attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Completely agree.

This is a bit of a hidden gem, and you need to print out the game aid here on BGG to list the icons. Yet after 3-4 games, everyone knows the icons anyway.

It's my only game that has the cards sleeved, since you shuffle a lot during the game, and I didn't want the cards damaged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely a game that deserves more praise. Got mine at Essen 2013 where I rushed to get it because I thought it would be sold out very quickly like the Japanese games did. It didn't and I have no idea why. Everyone I have introduced it to have liked it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.