Roger Cotton
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
I'm now developing the Crew Interaction aspect of the game.

For that, there will be cards in the various decks that reference the crew members' personalities, as well as their efficiency, loyalty, and morale ratings.

The Captain's Die will be a six-sided die that is rolled in conjunction with the situation referenced on the cards.

The result of the die roll(s) determines how you as the Captain interact with crew members The outcome will influence the crew member's efficiency, apparent disloyalty, or low morale.

This image shows the prototype iconography of the CAPTAIN'S DIE (the actual die icons will be stylized by an illustrator).

Each side of the die (1-5) will have one of the following icons: Lead, Counsel, Mediate, Motivate, and Reprimand. Side (6) will indicate that the player can select which die side to use.

I may change these actions to others, though; as I don't know exactly how I want them to sound. These alternate actions could be: Cajole, Provoke, Inspire, Challenge, and Praise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like your initial choices better than your 2nd set. But that's just my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.