Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question that came up while watching Winter League 2014 Finals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jafet Valdez
Sweden
Landskrona
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I recently got into Netrunner and I am building my first Corp-deck. I was watching a couple of tournament matches to get some inspiration when I came across this video of a final being played:

The part that pertains to my question starts at about 2:32.

To run it down the Corp player uses Power Shutdown to trash all the cards in the R&D. Then proceeds to use the Jackson Howard "Remove from game"-ability to get three specific cards from Archives (which he then would use to do a lot of meat damage).

My question is, why does he get to pick exactly which cards to get from the Archives?

If the cards are discarded face down with the Power Shutdown, shouldn't they also be chosen face down with Jackson? Am I missing a vital rule here?

I tried to Google this but found nothing helpful, hope this hasn't been asked to death!

Thanks!

Power Shutdown
Play only if the Runner made a run during his or her last turn.

Trash X cards from the top of R&D. The Runner trashes 1 installed program or piece of hardware with an install cost of X or less.

Jackson Howard
(click) Draw two cards.

Remove Jackson Howard from the game:
Shuffle up to three cards from Archives into R&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Corp can always look at the face down cards in Archives. So, when using Jackson Howard's trash ability, the Corp can look through all cards in Archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jafet Valdez
Sweden
Landskrona
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
/Thread.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
skewie wrote:
/Thread.

Thanks.

Man, we need to start a petition to get an ETR emoticon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quite funny mistake from the corp in that game. Would have lost the game without Punitive Counterstrike in hand by calculating the combo wrong. I guess the turn went like 1. Power Shutdown, use Jackson, 2. Diagnostic combo but play 0 of the revealed cards, 3 Punitive Counterstrike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aHein wrote:
Quite funny mistake from the corp in that game. Would have lost the game without Punitive Counterstrike in hand by calculating the combo wrong. I guess the turn went like 1. Power Shutdown, use Jackson, 2. Diagnostic combo but play 0 of the revealed cards, 3 Punitive Counterstrike.
He did actually play the SEA source for 2 credits off the Diagnostics. But yeah, corp almost punted that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
locusshifter wrote:
skewie wrote:
/Thread.

Thanks.

Man, we need to start a petition to get an ETR emoticon.

Great idea! I decided to make an ETR microbadge:
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.