Subject: Game sequence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
During a turn can I do this:
use 1 action to say play a card, then use my second action to buy a card, then flop that card, maybe then flop some other cards before going onto attack.

in other words is flooping, using action/sn to play cards and to buy cards all interchangeable - occur in a any sequence I wish - with regard to their order of occurrence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can spend actions and FLOOP in any order. You may even FLOOP and play 0 cost Actions after using you two Actions.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Matt. so the turn sequence could be written:

1. Ready all your cards
2. Draw a card
3. Act in any sequence: play any number of zero cost card; spend up to two actions to play or draw cards*; Floop any number of cards card
4. Fight!
5. End of turn

* could be a single 2 action cost card or two 1 action cost cards - multiple cards may be played in any sequence along with flooping etc

For me I feel the way the turn sequence is listed in the rulebook sort of suggests that you spend actions first, then flop, then use any unspent actions to draw cards. This might be worth considering addressing in any reprint maybe a turn example could be useful in this regard.

eg. Spend 1 action to play a card, floop two cards, play a zero action card, use 1 action to draw a card and floop it, then play a 0 action card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Your sequence is correct. The numbered listing in the rulebook is not meant as a strict turn sequence. It certainly says elsewhere that you can FLOOP and draw cards at any time before you fight.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
just a quick follow up - one can use actions to draw cards before using actions for anything else like as a requisite to flooping a card or bringing a card into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.