Subject: Some Questions after first adventure... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might seem like some silly questions but here they go...

Can the hero attack multiple monsters in range or multiple attacks to same monster but with different attack cards?

How much experience is needed to level without a natural 20? 5 experience?

Exploration phase do u have to be on the edge of the unexplored area or is just being in the room enough to see into the unexplored area?

Can you attempt to disable a trap when its first encountered or do u have to wait til your hero phase again?

Also forgot to collect treasures after killing monsters until about 2/3 through the gamesnore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-You can only attack once/turn. If the attack says you can attack multiple monsters, it means attack multiple monsters using that particular attack card.

-It's 5XP and a natural 20 to level up.

-On the edge unless you are playing the Ranger (it's her special ability).

-Since disabling a trap replaces an attack, you have to wait until you are allowed to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick reply and the clarifications...

also thought of a few more
Healing surge tokens does anyone get to use them or is it one per hero and that hero has to use it or can i give it to my fellow companion.

Can I trade/give my fellow companions my treasures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) any hero can use a healing surge - the surges belong to the group as a whole (no single hero "has" them.)

2) when a treasure is first drawn, it can be given to any hero. However, once this decision has been made, treasures can't be traded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to expand Steve's answer: as he says, each one belongs to the group, but once any hero uses a Healing Surge, it's gone. So a 2-Surge game means you only get to save someone twice, for the whole game.

Also: don't forget that multiple monster kills in one go only result in one treasure (boo!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks again.

Just to further clarify I can't attack one monster with one move and then use a different attack for another monster or same monster if he has higher HP? So i can only ever do one attack unless stated on the card.

Now to start painting minis for the first time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. You get one attack and one move, or two moves (but only if you don't attack.) So if you have speed 6, you can 1) attack, then move 0-6 squares, or 2) move 0-6 squares, then attack, or 3) move twice - 0-12 squares (forgoing your attack in order to move twice.)

Note that you can't move three squares, make an attack, then move three squares (ie, you cannot make a "partial" move, then attack, then use the rest of your move.)

When you make your one attack, you select a card that shows an attack and use that card. The instructions on the card will tell you exactly how to make the attack (some attacks - generally the special ones that are single-use Daily powers, WILL let you attack more than once - but this is till considered your "one" attack.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Find that little card that looks like it isn't used in the game... it has the turn sequence and says what you do during each part (phase)of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,

You state that when a player in the group picks up a treasure card they can give it to any member on their team.

The rules explicitly state: "When your Hero defeats a Monster, draw a Treasure Card. You can gain only one Treasure Card per turn, no matter how
many Monsters you defeat during that turn."

It says that when 'you' defeat a monster, 'you' get a treasure card. Where is the reference to handing it over to a teammate? Am I missing something or are you interpreting 'you' in the plural sense in terms of the group as a whole?

Thanks,
jettaz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jettaz wrote:
You state that when a player in the group picks up a treasure card they can give it to any member on their team.

You had me wondering if this was just a house rule that I'd assumed was canon. Turns out it's in the rulebook, p13:
Quote:
Items provide a lasting benefit. When you draw an Item from the Treasure Deck, decide if you want to keep it for your Hero or if you want to give it to another Hero. Once you’ve decided who gets the Item, you can’t give it to another Hero later.

I'm still of the opinion that you "should" be able to trade with another player if you're adjacent, but that's not official. It woulda been nice if this rule ALSO repeated in the bit when you GET treasure but at least it is in the section that explains how the Treasure Deck works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Carron
Canada
Thamesville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good evening all,

This is my first post after recently buying and playing a few adventures of Castle Ravenloft. This post answered several of the questions I had as well and I thank the posters for their sharing of their knowledge and helping us first time adventurers out. I have a quest in regards to a scenario that happened to our party tonight that I have not found an answer to yet through the search or other places across the internet.

Tonight we had a monster that was adjacent to all three adventurers and the text on the monster was "attack an adjacent hero" since all three were adjacent who gets attacked? Do all three get attacked? Does the party member controlling the monster decide or would we roll and lowest die roll get attacked?

Thanks in advance,

Ashale the Wanderer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time there's an ambiguity, active player decides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Carron
Canada
Thamesville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply SlebRittie, that is what we ended up doing just to progress the game after not finding anything in the rule book and wanting to get on with the adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.