Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Nall
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Greetings Starfighter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I beleive ( this couldbe completely in my head ) that I have read about a trading card game available only in Disney World. We will be attending next week and I would like to know if this is true and how I can find out more information before we arrive so I know what to buy.

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might mean this...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/07/sorcerers-of-t...

Looks like fun.

At first I thought you might have been confusing trading cards with the pin trading that goes on in Disney? My kids loved that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, check out Agent P's World Showcase Adventure in Epcot.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-...
Our family had a lot of fun with the previous version (Kim Possible).

Have fun at Disney!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Nall
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Greetings Starfighter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats it! Thank you for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddell wrote:

Have fun at Disney!

There's a similar thing in The Magic Kingdom over by Pirates of the Carribean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jukujin wrote:
riddell wrote:

Have fun at Disney!

The Pirate one doesn't use collectible cards, though. It has various maps and is confined to Adventure Land. It is more like the Phineas and Ferb/Kim Possible adventure and is definitely fun, as well.

The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdgom game uses commons, rares, and all the trappings of a trading card game (including a secondary market on eBay). You can sign up at the Fire Station on Main Street. Every day you go into the park, each guest with a ticket can get a free booster pack. Once you complete the missions (8 or 9, I think), you can return and get another pack of cards each, with the option to continue on to a harder adventure. There are also a few rares only available for purchase in the stores. My kids love this game, and we spent the majority of our last visit to the Magic Kingdom playing it. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything like this at Disneyland?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard about anything at Disneyland, but we spend our time in Florida, so I haven't investigated any California version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akden wrote:
jukujin wrote:
riddell wrote:

Have fun at Disney!

The Pirate one doesn't use collectible cards, though. It has various maps and is confined to Adventure Land. It is more like the Phineas and Ferb/Kim Possible adventure and is definitely fun, as well.

The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdgom game uses commons, rares, and all the trappings of a trading card game (including a secondary market on eBay). You can sign up at the Fire Station on Main Street. Every day you go into the park, each guest with a ticket can get a free booster pack. Once you complete the missions (8 or 9, I think), you can return and get another pack of cards each, with the option to continue on to a harder adventure. There are also a few rares only available for purchase in the stores. My kids love this game, and we spent the majority of our last visit to the Magic Kingdom playing it. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, though.

Does the free booster apply to annual passholders, or just day-tickets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jukujin wrote:
Akden wrote:
jukujin wrote:
riddell wrote:

Have fun at Disney!

Does the free booster apply to annual passholders, or just day-tickets?

We picked up a couple of packs using our annual passes on different days, and on another trip, we've picked up some using standard tickets. Someone has to have used the pass/ticket to enter the park in order to get a booster pack.

If you have four members in your party, you can get four boosters per day, as long as each member is there with a pass/ticket/Magic band.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody gets the same number of cards, no bonuses for passholders. Special events like Christmas and Halloween parties have a unique card only available then. If you have multiday pass, you have to at least start a mission before you can go back the next day and get more boosters. 1 set of boosters per person per day.

There is a home game as noted above that the cards are still random and compatible with the park game. I have the binder from the website and it is well done to hold everything together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.