Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
patrick somers
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey hey... in the following the OR can be AND/OR right?

(4) Sell Cotton (i.e., Flip Cotton Mill)
• Flip 1 or more of your Cotton Mills and
1 or more connected faceup Ports (any)
or
• Flip 1 or more of your Cotton Mills
by selling to Distant Markets
(must still connect to a constructed Port)
• Discard any card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zombie plumber wrote:

or
• Discard any card

Absolutely.

You discard a card and then, as many times as you want, as long you are still able to do:

1. Select an unflipped cotton mill in your color.
2. Select a port. The port must be connected by rail. It can be either an unflipped port of any color or the foreign market. Foreign market is available if you connect by network to any port, including virtual ones on board, whether flipped or not, regardless of color.

Try to sell cotton to the port. If you succeed, you can go through process again with a different cotton mill. If you fail, because you go to a foreign market and draw a tile that brings you to the bottom, your action is over and you cannot sell any more even if there are available ports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
zombie plumber wrote:

or
• Discard any card

Yes, when selling cotton you can sell to a combination of ports and the distant market.

One thing to be aware of is that if the DM goes to 0 your selling turn stops - so you will probably want to sell via on-board ports first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick somers
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks dude...

one more quick clarification:

lets say the DM track is at 2...I sell and get the minus 3 tile...do I still flip the mill I used to attempt the sale and only receive the income listed on the tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Radic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If DM drops to 0 selling attempt fails,you must leave Cotton mill counter face up - unflipped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zombie plumber wrote:
thanks dude...

one more quick clarification:

lets say the DM track is at 2...I sell and get the minus 3 tile...do I still flip the mill I used to attempt the sale and only receive the income listed on the tile?

No. You failed. You get nothing and your action is over. The cotton mill remains unflipped and can be flipped on a later action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick somers
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
right on

Thanks!!

love the ultra quick responsses!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ulterius wrote:
If DM drops to 0 selling attempt fails,you must leave Cotton mill counter face up - unflipped

Correct, assuming that by 0 you mean "the lowest space on the track," rather than, "the spaces labelled 0."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Radic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.Lowest space - greyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Botkin
United States
Morton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Treefrog Games official website, they have some rules clarifications for Brass, one of which regards selling cotton. I have pasted the rules clarification below (in quote marks) from their Brass page.

"One port allows the sale of cotton from one mill. However, a port can be used more than once for the purposes of selling to the Distant Market. There is no upper limit on the number of times a port can be used for selling to the Distant Market."

My take on this as well as from page 9 of the rule book is that a player can sell as much cotton as he/she wishes for one action. However, for each cotton mill flipped, you must also flip an unused port or sell to a distant market.

So if a player wanted to flip 2 of their cotton mills, they would need to flip two unused ports (or one unused port and ship one to a distant market, or ship both to a distant market).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.