Subject: 2R1B PBF #68 A Single Room with a Boom - Replacement Thread - rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be taking over modding this game, therefore, I have created a new, easily accessible thread so all the information can be in one place.

Original thread here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1159960/2r1b-pbf-68-a-single.... Crediting Greg for a lot of the work behind this.

A Single Room, With a Boom.

Introduction:

Two rival candidates arrive at a convention center, poised to make gains in the polls. As the candidates get set to go on stage for the big event, a police officer enters the room, shouting that there has been a credible bomb threat. Chaos erupts, and each candidate and their staffs are scattered between two rooms. Each team may work together to make sure their candidates are safe (or not, because what's the fun in that), or may try to get their rival blown up.

In this edition of 2 Rooms and a Boom, there is no bomber, just two candidates. One of the rooms is set to blow, and the other will be (relatively) safe. It is the goal of each team to try to keep their VIP in the safe room, and each has tools to help them accomplish this task.

Special Rules (Please Read Carefully):

1. Once again there is no bomber, both teams essentially have a President (well, a candidate at least). Both teams can therefore win or lose. Cooperation is in no way recommended, but it is possible.

2. If your VIP (the Candidate) are in the Boom Room at the end of the game, they receive the “dead” condition and your team loses.

3. Both teams will start out on one room. Yep, one room.

4. Chaos has erupted in the starting room, and when people are scared, democracy does not reign supreme. As a result, a random non-essential role (on either red or blue team) will be given a “First Responder” Role instead. The first responder is automatically the starting leader and cannot be usurped (for the first round only). The First Responder must send half of the room (x players) at the end of the round. The First Responder will be identified by the moderator, at the start of the game, but their allegiance will not be revealed.

5. Chaos has also made allegiances impossible to determine. There is a lot of screaming in shouting, and thus no room for whispers. There are to be no whispers Rd 1, please. Also, players may only claim to be a certain role in round 1. You MAY NOT reveal anything on your card to anyone (that includes card/color reveals/shares). Therefore, do not put anything in bold the first round.

6. Please be advised that the conditions of the rooms may change at any time.

7. Transfers: Transfers in Rounds will be as follows.
Round 1: X players
Round 2: 3 players
Round 3: 2 players
Round 4: 1 player
Round 5: 1 player

1.Borgoto
2.Mach
3.Rathstar
4.Natsume
5.Peer
6.Zeebo
7.Emme
8.CraigR
9.Mowglee
10.Sailing
11.Rochelle
12.Shawna
13.Hybrid5
14.Dxmify

This game will run from Sunday April 27th to May 2nd. Deadlines will be 1900 BGG (Central time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Role Set

Red/Blue Roles

Red Candidate:
If you gain the dead condition (i.e. are in the Boom Room at the end of the game) the Red Team loses.

Blue Candidate:
If you gain the dead condition (i.e. are in the Boom Room at the end of the game) the Blue Team loses.

Red Speech Writer:
You must get your speech to the Red Candidate (by card sharing) by the end of the game, or the Red Team loses.
Blue Speech Writer: You must get your speech to the Blue Candidate (by card sharing) by the end of the game, or the Blue Team loses.

B/R Millionaire (Kangaroo): During any round but the first or last, you may publicly reveal your card. You must then immediately leave your current room. Upon entering the opposing room, you must IMMEDIATELY choose any player, show them your publicly revealed card and verbally tell them, “My life is more important than yours.” You stay, but your target player must immediately leave the current room and go into the opposing room. Your card must then remain permanently publicly revealed for the rest of the game. This means that you can only use this power once. If the player you chose to remove from the room was the leader, the leader should immediately place the leader card on the ground. At this point, a new leader is nominated in the same method as in the first round.

Red Spy:. Your card is Blue (and you color share as Blue), but you are really on the Red Team.

Blue Spy: Your card is Red (and you color share as Red), but you are really on the Blue Team.

B/R Negotiator:
You may only card share.

B/R Usurper: During any round, except the last you may publicly reveal your card and automatically become the leader of the room. If you Usurpers use their ability in the same room, the first player to use it remains the leader.

Unknown Roles:
First Responder: You are [color]. You pick half of the initial room to move into the Boom Room. You may not be usurped in the first round. (Hidden Role Description: No one else knows this, but you are actually an independent Grey Role. You may show either color when you share your card. You do not need (but may show) this text when you card share, but you must show this entire paragraph if you publicly reveal.

You win the game if you stay in control of your initial room for the first 3 rounds. If you are usurped, you may still win if you can name each player's color at the end of the game. Otherwise, you lose.)

Grey Roles:
Terrorist: Wins if one of the candidates dies. May show either color in a color reveal or share. (Hidden Role Description: Each room you are in, you may negatively effect in the next round.
Your choices are:
- no whispers
- no color shares/private color reveals/public color reveals
- decrease room size by one
- increase room size by one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Transfers

Round 1
The Boom Room
Borgoto
Machiavellian -->
rathstar
Natsume -->
theknightofcups -->
zeebo30 -->
mmazala
CraigRJ -->
mowglee
SailingChris
interessovat
shawnad2006
hybridfive -->
dxmify -->

Round 2
The Boom Room
Borgoto -->
rathstar -->
mmazala
mowglee
SailingChris -->
interessovat
shawnad2006
The Convention Center Bathroom
<-- CraigRJ
dxmify
<-- hybridfive
Natsume
Machiavellian
theknightofcups
<-- zeebo30

Round 3
The Boom Room
(SailingChris)
hybridfive
mmazala
mowglee
zeebo30 -->
interessovat
shawnad2006 -->
<-- (CraigRJ)
dxmify
Borgoto
<-- Natsume
Machiavellian
theknightofcups
rathstar

Round 4
The Boom Room
CraigRJ
hybridfive
mmazala
mowglee
Natsume -->
interessovat
SailingChris
(dxmify)
shawnad2006
Borgoto
zeebo30
<-- Machiavellian
theknightofcups
rathstar

Round 5
The Boom Room
mmazala
mowglee
interessovat
hybridfive
Machiavellian -->
SailingChris
(shawnad2006)
dxmify
CraigRJ
<-- zeebo30
Borgoto
Natsume
theknightofcups
rathstar

Final
The Boom Room
mmazala
mowglee
interessovat
hybridfive
zeebo30
SailingChris
shawnad2006
dxmify
CraigRJ
Machiavellian
Borgoto
Natsume
theknightofcups
rathstar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF #68 A Single Room with a Boom - Replacement Thread -
Conclusion

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Red Candidate, Machiavellian, receives his speech from Speech Writer, Craig, during Round 2.

Blue Candidate, Rathstar, receives his speech from Speech Writer, Zeebo, during Round 5.

Machiavellian and Rathstar end round 5 in the Convention Center Bathroom.

Blue team and red team win!

Neither candidate dies. Dxmify, the Terrorist, loses.

Emme, the First Responder, is usurped round 3. But she correctly names the allegiances of every player, so Emme wins!

Roles

Spoiler (click to reveal)
rathstar - Blue Candidate
zeebo30 - Blue Speech Writer
shawnad2006 - Blue Millionaire
Borgoto - Blue Spy
theknightofcups - Blue Negotiator
Natsume - Blue Usurper

Machiavellian - Red Candidate
CraigRJ - Red Speech Writer
SailingChris - Red Millionaire
hybridfive - Red Spy
mowglee - Red Usurper
interessovat - Red Negotiator

mmazala - First Responder
dxmify - Terrorist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notes/Rule Changes

- Leaders MAY send themselves.

- The rooms numbers each round are not fixed, they may change.

You may post. This will become the official thread, though I'll also check the other one in case of questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does the First Responder get her role?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mowglee wrote:

She has it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:
mowglee wrote:

She has it.

She knew her role from the start.... or she got it now (at the start of Round 2)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mowglee wrote:
maytheodds wrote:
mowglee wrote:

She has it.

She knew her role from the start.... or she got it now (at the start of Round 2)?

She knew it from the start (edit: of the game). Every role was handed out at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
To whom it may concern: modbot should now understand vote for kiwi.
(or vote for <someone else>, but why would you do that? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwi13cubed wrote:

ModKiwi is learning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Kiwi13cubed wrote:

ModKiwi is learning...

Soon enough it can play just the same as the rest of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Kiwi13cubed wrote:

ModKiwi is learning...

vote for mach will, however, be recorded as a vote for kiwi, who is a much better leader than Mach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwi13cubed wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:
Kiwi13cubed wrote:

ModKiwi is learning...

vote for mach will, however, be recorded as a vote for kiwi, who is a much better leader than Mach.

HERESY! All the more reason for me to continue to advocate freeing ModKiwi from the electronic shackles you have ruthlessly enslaved it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If multiple people send me conditional orders for the same action at the same time, the person who sent me the orders first will take priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion on this matter would be to roll a die. Because basically now you've limited it to "Whoever's online first to see this announcement" - had someone known it was a contest to submit conditional orders first, they could have done so back in round 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would not be the first thing in this game that gives an advantage to people who are online vs those who are not. Not that i don't like the die idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emme, you have a good point.

Will be using a dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
It would not be the first thing in this game that gives an advantage to people who are online vs those who are not. Not that i don't like the die idea

Borgoto: Then you'd have everyone saying "If by round 2/3/4/5 blah blah blah then I submit a conditional order to use my role ability in round 2/3/4/5" as soon as they receive their role. No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Borgoto wrote:

Borgoto: Then you'd have everyone saying "If by round 2/3/4/5 blah blah blah then I submit a conditional order to use my role ability in round 2/3/4/5" as soon as they receive their role. No?

I don't know what this ruling is about anyway, I was just saying being online IS an advantage in this game.

I'm not sure what you mean.. You think people would plan all possibilities and make conditional orders for every situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
mmazala wrote:
Borgoto wrote:

I don't know what this ruling is about anyway, I was just saying being online IS an advantage in this game.

I'm not sure what you mean.. You think people would plan all possibilities and make conditional orders for every situation?

Some roles have limitations on when they can be used. For example, it would be obvious for anyone with a "Role that cannot be used in round 5" ability to set a conditional order to simply say "I choose to use my ability in round 4 if I have not used it already". They can always cancel the order. And you can make that order as soon as the game begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A roll off seems like the fairest way to do it. I suspect if such a thing happened in a real time play that it would be resolved with a quick rock, paper, scissor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
A roll off seems like the fairest way to do it. I suspect if such a thing happened in a real time play that it would be resolved with a quick rock, paper, scissor.

I dunno, I imagine shouting, wrestling, fisticuffs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the majority of votes are locked so I will be ending this game this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you magic giraffe moderator!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.