Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys
I have recently moved to the area and I'm looking for fellow gamers. I will really play everything - I'm on my addiction withdrawal

Still these days I am mostly into Terra Mystica and aGoT LCG (I am no expert though)

Let me know if you would like to join!

Jan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony chen
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wudaokou~~~
the Biggest boardgame club of china just be in Wudaokou~Named YiKeGuan.
And Yikeguan is the club who imported TerraMystica to china earliest. So maybe you will find many players of TM or other Games.

Address of YikeGuan:
No.126 Building B, No.2 TangningOne,Zhongguancun East Road,Haidian District,Beijing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Tony! I know this place already it is basically 5 minutes from my place I prefer a little quieter setting when I play although Yikeguan offers a whole lot of stuff to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
janrogalo wrote:
Hi guys
I have recently moved to the area and I'm looking for fellow gamers. I will really play everything - I'm on my addiction withdrawal

Still these days I am mostly into Terra Mystica and aGoT LCG (I am no expert though)

Let me know if you would like to join!

Jan

Did you move with some of your games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I did arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
janrogalo wrote:
Yes I did arrrh
wow Wow, such a big collection to move around… I only have Robinson, here, but it's a great game. I'll PM you, I'm also at Wudaokou.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azathoth 0
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
Hi there!

I'm also near Wudaokou (Xi er Qi) and looking for a board game club.
My wife and I own a small collection of board games and would be available mostly on weekends.

-Caverna
-Manilla
-Modern arts
-Ticket to ride.
-Catan's settlers
-7 wonders.
-Small world
and more..

Is the place mentionned for foreigners?

I'd love to try GOT board game or TM.

I could bring some board games of course.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the time goes by...

The collection has grew a little and myself I am not in the neighbourhood any more. However, (my and my girlfriend) we are still in Beijing so if you would like to meet up for a game just send me a pm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also PM me: I'm still in Wudaokou, with more games now (Robinson, still, but also Warhammer: Diskwars, Power Grid, Magic, Pixel Tactics, Lagoon, Tash-Kalar).

Too bad Jan left the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, it only means we are a little further than a bike ride away! redtraingreentrainbluetrainyellowtrainblacktrainpurpletrainwhitetrain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this will let you visit soon and try some new games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wodon Mcflappy
China
Beijing
Shunyi
flag msg tools
mb
I too am soon moving out to Beijing. Probably living out in Shunyi.

Where is the best place to buy boardgames in English out there? Or do you need to import them all. I am a bit of a hoarder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I are also in the north, close to line 13 but at Beiyuan/ Lishuiqiao.

We have a dozen or so games, including Terra Mystica

I'll send you a PM with some contct details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wodon Mcflappy
China
Beijing
Shunyi
flag msg tools
mb
Glad to hear I won't be alone, although in Beijing it seems there is someone doing pretty much anything you could think of.

My boardgame collection will be following behind me once it gets through customs.
Not sure exactly where we will be living yet other than out of town due to our huge dog.

I'm still not sure where to buy games there, other than taobao.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The regulations regarding dogs are that you must be outisde the 5th Ring Road (i think this is still the case). These days, the north is very developed outside the 5th Ring, and we live outside the 5th ring. Not many big dogs here, but there are one or two. Shunyi might be nice, but you don't HAVE to go so far if you don't want (I can be from my door to Lama Temple in 30 mins using public transport...not too bad i don't think).

As for where to buy games, taobao really is the best place, as you can visit a few shops in Beijing, but they all have taobao shops as well, so you would need to travel a lot, or pay as little as 6 kuai for them to deliver it to you. I visited a great place in wudaokou area to browse (i forget the name) because I found their store on taobao and was in the area. They were kind enough, after i bought a couple of games thru taobao, to refund the delivery cost on the basis that i took the time to visit their store first. Nice guys...i'll find the details and let you know if you'd like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This store is Yikeguan: http://shop62795501.taobao.com/?spm=a230r.7195193.1997079397....

Probably one of the best game stores in Beijing. It's also a board game cafe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wodon wrote:
Glad to hear I won't be alone, although in Beijing it seems there is someone doing pretty much anything you could think of.
Pretty true, except that you have to take the metro for 45 minutes to reach them. It is also very hard to find good pastries and cakes—at least if you are unfortunate enough to have been spoiled by being raised in France .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McKenzie
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
I live not far from the game store. Eric showed it to me the other day.

Unfortunately, right now I am working Saturday and Sunday Mornings.

I am off Monday and Wednesday.

All afternoons but Tuesday and Friday are good, and eventually my Tuesday afternoons will be free, about two more weeks.

I am near the game store and the Haidian Huang Zhuang subway station (4&10). The 13 Wudaokou not very far.

If anyne wants to play at odd times let me know.

祝好运!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wodon Mcflappy
China
Beijing
Shunyi
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the tips, I only just saw all the replies. We are rather limited in our location choice due to my wife's work, Shunyi is our only choice. I will have a car though which is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McKenzie
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am off this weekend.

Anyone wanna play?

My email is: McKenzie_sean@hotmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I know that there are quite a few well organized gaming groups around town but I figured it would be nice to find a way to connect all the gamers in Beijing. I have made a facebook group which may or may not help. If you feel like it join in!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1599747743606246/?pnref=lhc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McKenzie
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am looking to play regularly on Saturdays.

I have some non gamer friends (language partners) who may want to check out what we are doing.

The wargame store if fairly close to me.

We can play at my place. My place is a room. Fairly nasty by western standards, but liveable. I can buy a table and some chairs. Not like the USA, but you decided to come to China

The main things I have that are easily playable are through the ages and Illuminati. I have other games. Would like to play Race for the Galaxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McKenzie
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played Through the Ages with some of my language partners last weekend. One of them likes it and he and I are getting together this weekend.

I have two open spots for anyone who wants to play.

We all met at exit B of the Ren Min University stop of the 4 train at 1:00 PM last Saturday, and I intend to do that again this Saturday.

It will be Through the Ages again, but you can bring whatever you want to show others. People who just want to drop by would be welcome.

Any interest please email me:

We should be able to do things in both Englis and Chinese, so as long as you speak one of those languages you should be OK.

Good luck!

祝好运!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which of these shops in Beijing are good for browsing Asian games that might not be easily found in western game stores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McKenzie
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am now in Shunyi, by the airport, where all the international schools are...is there anyone way out here who wants to play?

Can someone remind me where I can find the rules to TTA in Chinese?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.