New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment the four available wilds are:
4 pts - 5¢ (1 pt = 1.25¢)
7 pts - 8¢ (1 pt = 1.14¢)
10 pts - 11¢ (1 pt = 1.10¢)
15 pts - 17¢ (1 pt = 1.13¢)

So you get the most bang for your buck with the 11¢ cards, but in general, they're all pretty close. However, considering how much easier it is to get the cheaper cards, it seems like the more expensive cards need some incentivizing (or the cheaper cards should be less VP?)

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having played the game...I would rather have single clogging card worth 15 points, rather than 3.75 of the cheaper cards to achieve the same VP value. Perhaps that explains the pricing scheme?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a few 2-player games of this, but I definitely don't think the 11-cent card needs any incentivizing. I pretty sure that was the first pile to run out in all three of our games, because the pile is so small and the points earned are so significant. There's also no other really powerful card competing for your 11 cents, while with 5 or 8 cents, we often chose to buy a regular letter card from the offer instead.

If anything, I've been thinking of adding more cards to the 11-cent pile so the game doesn't end so quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original rules had 2 $.11 per player instead of just 1. We still play this way, as we enjoy the longer game. I was actually surprised when I got the finished version and saw the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rozie Powell
United Kingdom
London
Harrow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After playing it as a 2p many times now ive come to the decision that the amounts of VP cards needs adjusting, i feel with 2 11c and 1 17c the game ends too quickly and i dont get to play as much as i would like. We always end with the 17c and the 11c being drained so does anyone have a different ratio they work to? Id be tempted to add another 17 or remove it all together as we both just grab that and the game ends quickly.

Love the game, it doesnt help that my other half is an editor and im dyslexic so im a bit slow to get going and he's fantastic at it.

Rozie x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.