Hide
3 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bioship Alpha effect vs ablative armor/generator upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
IamSpecies8472 OogaBoogaBooga
msg tools
Scenario: I deal 3 damage with a primary attack from bioship Alpha against USS Voyager while its ablative generator is in effect. Let's assume that the generator has at least 4 hp of health, so it is still up after I make my attack.

Normally, if I were attacking its shields or hull, I would place an aux token on Voyager based on the Alpha's text. However, as I'm not actually inflicting 3 damage to the ship's shields/hull, does the attack count for triggering the effect?

I was under the impression that it does trigger the effect, since the Alpha text does not explicitly say that the damage must be inflicted to the enemy ship's hull/shields (eg: Counter attack elite talent, for example, says explicitly that damage must be done to the ship's shields/hull).

I'm assuming that the same would apply for a borg sphere with the ablative armor upgrade. If I recall correctly, crits can still apply to ablative armor if they are things like "direct hit" (otherwise no effect), so if crits apply, I don't see why the bioship aux effect can't either.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damage inflicted to the armor still counts as hull damage. It is in the FaQ somewhere. Someone asked about the Klingon Concussive Charges and if hits taken to the armor still counted as hits to the hull for the knocking off token effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IamSpecies8472 OogaBoogaBooga
msg tools
Yeah, that makes sense; I had forgotten about the ruling on concussive charges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.