4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Overlord Draw and Move-Interrupts. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing an Encounter, does the overlord draw another set of 2-4 cards when encounter 2 along with the hand that carried over from Encounter 1? I assume the answer here is 'No' but I just want to confirm.

Also, with regards to Creatures that are bigger than 1 space, they get to pick any space to start their move on, perform their movement from there and expand back to their size as long as one of their occupied spaces is the location they ended their movement with, correct? How does this rule work with regards to the 'You may interrupt movement any time to perform your second action' rule? I ask this because an Ettin with a move of 3 can technically move 2 spaces, attack, then move again, netting an overall increase of distance due to the expansion rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No drawing at second encounter.

That's how large monsters move.

Quote:
I ask this because an Ettin with a move of 3 can technically move 2 spaces, attack, then move again, netting an overall increase of distance due to the expansion rule.

That's correct. They just have to be able to declare their attack from the space they shrink into for movement. If they would have to expand first in order to reach the target, it is not legal. They have to be able to declare the interrupt from the space they are shrunken into, then expand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caerus wrote:

That's correct. They just have to be able to declare their attack from the space they shrink into for movement. If they would have to expand first in order to reach the target, it is not legal. They have to be able to declare the interrupt from the space they are shrunken into, then expand.

Which means Medium and Large Monsters get a net 1 more distance and Massive monsters get a net 2 more distance if they interrupt their movement to perform an action, (provided they can expand, do the action, then keep moving) correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically all monsters that take up more than 1 space are "large". The LT packs have rules for "medium", "huge" and I think "massive".

Yes with careful movement and interrupt monsters without a 1x1 base can net higher movement than they would otherwise. Somewhere on these forums I think someone had a demonstration of a shadow dragon moving a very long distance by interrupting multiple times with an attack, frenzy attack, expanding again to end the first movement, and then dashing to move again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.