Tyler W
United States
Conroe
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year, Brotherwise Games made an exclusive card from Patrick Rothfuss's The Kingkiller Trilogy - mostly sold just at Gencon. The remaining few were posted on his website and sold out within hours.

This year, they are doing something similar, having made two new cards - one normal hero and one epic hero. Rothfuss put these up for sale in his store.

http://thetinkerspacks.bigcartel.com/product/limited-editon-...

It's about $20 shipped for both cards (you can buy them separately if you want to save money). Yes, that is a lot of money for two cards.

Here's the thing - the proceeds go to Worldbuilders - which is Rothfuss's charity that supports Heifer International.

I didn't think of it as $20 for two cards, I thought of it as a donation with some cool bonus swag.

For anyone who doesn't have the game already, they are also selling a boxed game + the two cards.

http://thetinkerspacks.bigcartel.com/product/boss-monster

This was posted on his site a while back, and I really thought that they'd sell out quickly. Given that they didn't, thought I'd give BGG a heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pffft, an additional $20 for international shipping? BWise Games and their ridiculous 'exclusivity' policy really does tick me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ween
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Pffft, an additional $20 for international shipping? BWise Games and their ridiculous 'exclusivity' policy really does tick me off.

This all goes to a charity. BWG WILL not see any money from these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not cost $20 to post two cards across the Atlantic - I know, I have posted individual cards over several times (and received such many more times). The $20 for charity I have no issue with - bloated shipping costs, I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ISO Haven
msg tools
mbmbmb
HUAR wrote:
This all goes to a charity. BWG WILL not see any money from these cards.

BWG wont be however The Tinkers will certainly gain some fat cash for those bloated shipping costs. I ship small items across the ocean a lot and it usually costs about $2. Not $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler W
United States
Conroe
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you with experience shipping cheaply across the ocean, maybe think about dropping an email to the store? The people who run it (Rothfuss and his assistants) run the store entirely for charity - I doubt that they are looking to make fat cash off bloated shipping. Maybe if they knew a better way to go about it, they'd take it.

Just a suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.