Subject: Ongoing Card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Rodrigues
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Quick question on when you have an ongoing card in play. Does that card count as a card the "you have played or play" when resolving card effects.

Example:

Hero of the Future(+2 power and +2 for each additional defense) is played and I have force field in play from a previous turn. Do I get the +2 for having Force field?

Another example:

You are playing Black Canary and have out Vandal Savage ongoing. Do you get the additional +1 for having Vandal?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards in this game are resolved as they are used and then are completed before the next card occurs. Ongoing cards only count toward other card effects on the turn they are put down.

This has come up before for Vandal Savage and whether or not he gives bonuses on consecutive rounds. The official ruling is that Vandal ongoing does so only on the turn he is put down, so it is safe to assume this applies to all ongoing cards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rodrigues
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks man! Appreciate the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the bigger question is, in dc DBG, what does the word "play" or "played" means

Is ay the best way to help you out is looking at it like this,

It's your turn
You play a location (heroes unite location, not OA"
Next turn location is already in play, and you "use" it.

So with vandal savage after being "played", you are now "using" its ability
Every turn.

This may help you in situations like,
When you want to "whirlwind" your hand, or "batmobile".

Did this help you man?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.