Subject: Scrapping a card ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

one question, when you use a card that allows you to scrap a card from your hand or discard pile are you allowed to scrap a card you have played in the same turn and that has already done their effects?

Example: You play a Viper to add 1 combat to your combat pool then play a card that allows you to scrap a card from your hand or discard pile... can you scrap the played Viper and keep his 1 combat in the combat pool?

Assuming the correct answer is Yes, you can do it I have another question:

if instead of a Viper I played a card with an ally ability, would those be activated before scrapping that card?
Ex: play a Blob card that gives 3 combat and has an ally ability of 2 trade
(another blog card is already in play)... then I play a card that allows to scrap a card from hand or discard pile, if I scrap that blob card, will the Ally ability still be triggered in both blog cards?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Schreyer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can use another cards scrap ability to scrap a card you've already played. According to the rules "Some card abilities allow you to scrap other cards from your hand, your discard pile or the trade row." So you wouldn't be able to use it to scrap a card you've already played.

However!

Cards that have a scrap ability, however, can be trashed at any time during the main phase. So I read that as "play this card, use it's abilities, then trash it to use it's scrap ability"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Example: You play a Viper to add 1 combat to your combat pool then play a card that allows you to scrap a card from your hand or discard pile... can you scrap the played Viper and keep his 1 combat in the combat pool?

No, because the Viper you played is not in "your hand or discard pile" at this time. It's "in play" until your discard phase. Then it goes to the discard pile, but you can't play more cards at that point because your main phase is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Schreyer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome

I'm new to the game too and already wish there was an official FAQ out there for things like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Henning
United States
Big Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
ACB12345687
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trachalio wrote:
Cards that have a scrap ability, however, can be trashed at any time during the main phase. So I read that as "play this card, use it's abilities, then trash it to use it's scrap ability"

Came here looking for this. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.